~102~

Jake

"I'm sorry, I'm late," Dylan said as he got into my car.

"It's okay, it's only ten minutes, " I smiled at him before starting the car.

"You live alone, right? " He asked, fiddling with his fingers.

He looked nervous.

Why does he look nervous?

"Yeah…." I trailed off.

Is he uncomfortable being alone with me?

"A-Are you scared of being alone with me? " I gripped the steering wheel a little tightly. 

He must be…..

I did those things to him when we were alone…..

"W-What? No, that's not it, " Dylan frantically shook his head. "I was just nervous…. thinking if your parents are there," He looked down.

"That's my house. My parents have their own," I replied.

Dylan nodded shyly before going back to fiddling with his fingers.

*
*
*

"Come on, " I said as we parked the car in front of my home. Dylan got out with a smile.

"What are we going to do? " He chirped, looking around.

"Umm… We can watch movies and play games," I scratched the back of my neck. I really had no idea about what to do.

I just wanted to be with him.

"Okay!" Dylan beamed, skipping his way inside the house.

"Your house is so huge…. How do you clean it? " Dylan looked at me.

"I don't. My maid does it,"

"It must be hard for your maid, " He said, making me chuckle.

"Let's go to my room, " I took his hand and walked upstairs. Dylan asked me about every single painting he saw in the house.

It seems like he really likes art.
Well, he's an artist after all.

"Do you want to change into something comfortable? " I asked as I opened my room for him.

Dylan looked down at his loose blue shirt and jeans. It seemed like he was thinking.

"I have a basketball short that's adjustable," I said, causing him to look up at me.

"O-Okay," Dylan stuttered out, scratching his ear.

I took out one of my shirts and a pair of basketball shorts from the closet.
Dylan thanked me as he took them from me. "You can change in the bathroom or here. I'll be outside if you want to—"

"No, you can stay here. I'll change in the bathroom, " He cut me off quickly before walking towards the bathroom.

I took a tank top and sweatpants from the closet and changed into them. Dylan came back while I was looking through the movies.

"What kind of movies do you like? Do you like crime thrillers? " I questioned as he walked towards the bed.

"Yeah, did you find anything good? " He asked, getting on the bed.

"Yeah, I think this one is good…." I clicked on the movie before turning towards him.

I put a pillow beside me so he can lean on the headboard without hurting his back. "You can sit here if you want….." Dylan looked up as I trailed off.