~5~

Tristan

After we began to eat, he looked at me expectantly. I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. What if he says no? What if he doesn't want to help me? Why would he want to do that anyway? I never even made an effort to talk to this guy before.

So many messy thoughts passed through my mind as I sat there. 

 After pondering on the idea of backing off for a minute, I decided to just go for it. 

I cleared my throat as he focused his eyes back on me while slightly pushing up the glasses resting on his nose with his knuckles. "Well, you already heard about my biology grade yesterday, so I don't have to tell you that it's literally shit. At this rate, I think I'm gonna fail the finals too and I seriously don't want that to happen. So can you help me study science?" I said hastily. 

He looked at me surprised, his eyebrows raised while he took a moment to comprehend what I just said. "M-Me? You want me to help you?" He asks while pointing a finger at himself. I can clearly read the confusion written on his face. 

It's no surprise he's confused. I'm someone he has never talked to. And now I'm here having lunch with him and asking him to help me with my studies. It all must feel weird to him. 

"Yeah... Well, you get good grades and you're always the top in class so... " I trailed off. I hope that sounds like a convincing lie. I don't want him to think I have some ulterior motive behind this. 

He might punch me if he knows what I'm up to. Okay, maybe not punch. He doesn't look like someone who would punch anyone. He's small and frail. 

He might just go up and complain to his sister though. And that's enough to ruin everything. 

"Oh....umm... Okay. I-I'll help you, but you said science so does that mean you need help with physics and chemistry too?" 

Oh, thank god, he agreed. 

I smiled sheepishly. "Yeah... I'm not really good at science-related things," 

It's not something I'm proud of but I'm happy that my bad relationship with science came in handy. I always hated that subject. 

There's no need for me to study it anyway. I'm going to take over the business. It's all because of mom I have to suffer now. 

Jesse chuckled. "It's okay.... I can help you to understand. Umm...when do you want to start?" He tilted his head, adjusting his glasses again. 

"How about tomorrow? Are you busy then?" I asked. I want to start on it as soon as possible. 

I have to get close to Lisa before I graduate and this study might actually help me to learn and pass the finals. Two birds with one stone. Perfect! 

He shook his head. "No, I hardly ever go out on weekends so it's okay for me. "

Hmm… my intuition was right. He doesn't seem like someone who would go to parties on weekends. 

I gave him a slight nod as I fished my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked it and gave it to him. "Put your number in, I'll text you the time and place, "

He nodded before putting his number in. After he gave the phone back to me, we small talked until we finished our lunch. 

He's a cool guy to be around. The glasses he wears are his reading glasses but he doesn't take them off because he's reading almost all the time. 

He looks really different from his sister. Nobody would know they're twins if she wasn't so protective over him. He looks like a kid while his sister has a little mature look. She's blonde while he has wavy brown hair that falls down to his eyebrows. Her eyes are ocean blue while his are light brown that seems cognac in sunlight. 

They're......so different. 

****

Vote and comment if you like it ♥ your opinion means so much to me ♥