~45~

Tristan

I skipped my way through the crowd after the intense make out session I just had with Jesse in one of the empty classrooms. I'm way too happy right now and if anybody saw me smiling like this while skipping through the crowd, they'd think I'm possessed or something. 

But I don't care. 

Those bitches got nothin' on me today. 

.

I searched for Jake. He texted me that he wants to meet me. I walked through the hallway, looking for him only to find him sitting in one of the classrooms, scrolling through his phone. 

"Hey!" I chimed excitedly as I entered the room. 

"Hey, happy kid," He greeted, without even bothering to look up at me. 

"OK, don't ever call me that again," I said as my face scrunched up at the ridiculous nickname. 

He looked up at me and it looked like he was bothered by something. I could see it in the way he was trying to avoid meeting my eyes. 

I gave him a quizzical look. 

Jake stayed silent for a moment before he looked down and spoke up. "You're ignoring me lately.... and spending more time with Jesse...I wonder if I'm still your best friend," He scoffed. 

Oh... 

Shit.

I never thought about it. I left him all alone whenever I went to talk to Jesse. I'm so stupid! 

I should've known something like this would happen. 

But I can't say Jesse is not just a friend for me. What should I say right now?

"Hey...Uhh... I'm sorry if you feel that way. I didn't mean to leave you all alone, okay? It's just.... Umm..... You know what I'm..... Uhh.....trying to do... right?"I said, scratching the back of my neck. 

Jake looked up at me. He stared at me for a minute before he let out a sigh. I saw his scowl slowly turning into a light smile. Even though it was a small smile, it was a genuine one. 

"Yeah… I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. I think I was just jealous thinking that somebody was stealing my best friend," He chuckled lightly. "You're right. You've been crushing on Lisa for like forever and now you got your chance to get close to her because of Jesse. I shouldn't be ruining that with my stupid jealousy," He smiled.  "So... how're things with Jesse going? Did your 'friendship' with him catch her attention?" He said, using air quotes for the word 'friendship'.

I looked down, not knowing how to reply to that. Should I tell him about Jesse? I used to talk to him about everything. He would understand, right? But what if it creeps him out?

"Umm... Yeah," I nodded absentmindedly. I would tell him when I'm confident about what I'm feeling. Right now I'm too confused and scared. 

"Just don't ignore me when you get Lisa, okay? Bros before hoes, remember? " He said as he nudged me with his shoulder

I gave him a tight lipped smile. "Yea—"

I couldn't finish what I was going to say because there was a sound of something falling outside the classroom. We were in an empty classroom so it was easy to hear the slightest of sounds like that. Soon, I heard the fading footsteps of someone running. Out of curiosity, I walked out of the classroom to see that there was my notebook on the floor.

The one I bought with me when I went to see Jesse. Did I leave it there?  

Oh fuck !!! 

How did it get here?! 

Was that Jesse who dropped it?! 

Did he hear what we said?! 

I ran to the main hallway and looked around to see a fluffy brown haired boy running away. 

Fuck!! 

That's Jesse!! 

____

Sorry for not updating recently guys. I was really busy and exhausted. I'll try to update more ♥ Don't forget to vote and comment. It really helps me ~♥~