~28~

Jesse 

Ding...

"That must be Tristan. He said he'd be here by seven," I said as I hurriedly gave the vegetables to my mom. 

"You go invite him in. I'll handle everything here," I heard her say as she looked through the vegetables. 

"Okay!" I ran to the front door excitedly while grinning widely. I opened the door to see Tristan holding something in his hands.

I couldn't help but take in his appearance. 

Hmm... He looks handsome. Well, he always looks handsome. But there's something different like he looks better than usual. I gave him a smile before inviting him in. 

"I bought some cookies that I baked," He told me while scratching the back of his neck. 

"Really?" I couldn't hide my wide smile and Tristan chuckled at me before nodding. I love when he makes sweet things. He's really good at that.

"Hello, Tristan," I heard my mom say while she walked towards us. 

"Hello, Mrs. Miller," Tristan greeted my mom before offering her a small smile. 

"Call me Rose, sweety. Oh, you bought cookies?" I heard her say as she saw me happily munching on the cookies Tristan brought. 

"He made them.," I said while taking another one. 

"That's wonderful. I've heard so much about your cooking," Mom said while giving me a side glance. 

Tristan turned to me with a confused look on his face. 

I paused and stared at my mom only to see her smirking back at me. "Jesse right here is a big fan of your cooking. After he came back from your house, he never stopped praising you for what you made for him," She laughed and I saw Tristan turn red. 

"Mom!" I whined. She never misses a chance to embarrass me. Good lord, I need a new mom. She threw me another smirk and a wink. I don't even know what that's for. 

"Do you like orange juice?" She turned towards Tristan, who was looking around our house. 

"Yes," Tristan answered, turning to face my mom and then turning back to continue to look around. What is he looking at? His house is bigger than ours. Does our house really amuse him that much? Well, whatever.

Mom went to the kitchen and soon came back with a glass of orange juice that Tristan gratefully took while offering her a thank you. 

"Where's everyone else?"  He asked, taking a sip out of his juice

I looked up from the cookies to see him already looking at me. "Lisa is in her room and dad will be here soon," I said before biting on another cookie. 

"Oh..." He said before he looked upstairs. 

"Come on, I'll show you my room. Dinner will be ready in an hour," I smiled as I took his hand. He put the glass down before I dragged him upstairs to my room. I opened the door and welcomed him in. 

Tristan looked around my room like a curious kid just like how I was when he took me to his house. 

"You live in a library?" He said as he saw my collection of books. 

"Shut up or I'll kick you out," I grumbled. He continued to look around before stopping to look at the photo frame on my table. He picked it up to inspect it. 

It was a photo of me and Lisa when we were only two. We were eating chocolate. Lisa was looking at the camera, giving a tight lipped smile with a spoon of chocolate in her hands while I was looking wide eyed at the camera, my mouth opened to form an 'o'shape, and chocolate was smeared all around my mouth. 

Shit! I know what comes next. 

"HAHAHA!! OH, GOD!! LOOK AT YOU!" Tristan laughed, clutching his stomach. I groaned and rolled my eyes. I should have put the picture away. 

"You look really cute as a baby! Wait! You haven't changed a bit. You look exactly like this right now," He said, pointing to the picture.

I know, my mom reminds me of that a lot. 

"Stop it, you idiot," I whined and punched his shoulder for laughing at me. He came closer to me, trying hard to control his laughter. I looked at him tilting my head. He smiled before reaching and rubbing the side of my lips with his thumb. 

My breathing turned ragged as the sudden tingles danced down my spine. 

"You're still a messy eater," Tristan whispered, his voice husky and low. He leaned down close to my ears. "Did you like my cookies that much?" 

I couldn't look away from his face as he smiled that bewitching smile of his. He should stop doing this. My heart runs faster every time this happens. 

_____

٩(๛ ˘ ³˘)۶♥ love you guys ♡♡♡