~73~

Jesse 

Somebody just kill me now. How the hell did I forget about that? I quickly pulled up my collar in an attempt to hide the hickeys. I didn't even have to look at Tristan to know that he was smirking. This was what he wanted after all. 

"Tristan, you're a vampire, aren't you?" Dylan squinted his eyes at my boyfriend. Tristan had an amused look on his face but he just shrugged in reply to Dylan. "Did you really drink his blood or something?"

"Oh, shut up, Dylan, just don't start with all your wild fantasies now," I rolled my eyes for the nth time today. Lord, save me from these idiots. 

"Seems like you didn't hold back," Jake smirked, looking at Tristan. Oh god, why are we discussing this? 

"Well, he was really hot and cute. I couldn't control myself on the bed,"

What the—did he just really say that? You jerk!

I wanted to yell at him, but no words came out of my mouth. Instead, I just gasped and hit his chest before burying my face in it. 

"Too much information, dude," I heard Jake laughing while I turned myself into a living tomato. 

"Wait, what do you mean? What does it have to-OH MY GOD!" Seems like Dylan connected the dots, slow as a snail if you ask me. "Did you guys really-did the-I mean-you know-t-the-"

"Sex? Yes, we did," Tristan laughed as Dylan's eyes grew ever so wide.

"Holy meatballs!You guys! Have some shame!" Dylan covered his face like we were doing it in front of him right now.

"But you asked it?" Tristan shrugged. 

"No, I m-mean yeah but just don't—oh god forget it! Let's drop this conversation here," Dylan said. He finally suggested something good. 

"Let's go, I feel tired," I muttered, peeking at Tristan. I feel so exhausted, I just wanted to go home and take a good nap. My head can't handle any more drama. 

"Let's go, baby." Tristan kissed the side of my head. I sighed as we walked to the parking lot. 

"By the way, you were quite brave today," Tristan said as he hugged me. I knew he was proud of me for talking back to the monkeys and that thought made me smile a little. "I never knew you could talk like that. You are always blushing whenever I see you." He chuckled. 

"Umm... Well, I didn't have that much confidence.... It's Lisa who taught me how to defend myself. She told me that I have to stay really confident if a girl tries to bully me. If we're confident in ourselves, then it will affect the confidence of our bully. It's her trick," I smiled up at Tristan who ruffled my hair. 

Finally, this day is over... 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

{Time skip to the end of the week-Friday }

The whole week passed like a metro train. Nothing big or bad happened after the monkey incident—I mean the three girls but Tristan and Jake never left us alone after that. They were always with us whenever they could and because of that, we met a few of their friends.

There were still some people who looked at us like we burned their houses. What's their problem exactly? Stupid monkeys with no life. 

Another important thing I saw this week is Dylan's change of behavior around Jake. Whenever Jake is around, Dylan turns into this blushing and stuttering mess. It's clear that he has a crush on Jake. There's no doubt about that but I just want to know how deep he's in this. I don't want him to get hurt. 

And that's why I decided to drag Dylan away from everyone after we finished our last class of this week. I want to talk to him alone about everything that's going on. This can't wait any longer. 

I think Dylan kinda knew what I was going to ask him because he was refusing to meet my eyes. "Why did you drag me here? " He asked, looking around. 

"You know why I dragged you here. Just tell me what's going on with you and Jake," 

"J-Jake? T-There's nothing b-between us," He stuttered out. I gave him an unimpressed look. He's trying to lie to me? I can read him like a children's book. Dylan sighed, giving up, "Is it that obvious? "

"Very much, " I nodded. 

"Well.... I don't know.... I just like being with him...he's f-fun and... and umm... I get this weird feeling when I'm around him.... I don't know what it is but whatever it is I hate it! I can't focus whenever he's around. It's driving me crazy...." He whined and I was not the least bit surprised. "I think I have a crush on him and it's making me feel terrible," 

"I can see that but when did this start? You guys are fighting most of the time. I thought you don't like him," 

"It's not like that. He's not that bad... I kind of like spending time with him..."

"Okay....I.....I don't know what to say.... but let's be patient, ok? Let's see if this is just an infatuation or something more. Also, we still don't know if Jake likes boys... Did he give you any hint?" As far as I know Jake only dated girls. I don't want him to play with my best friend's heart like that... No, I'm not gonna let that happen. 

"Uhhh.... I don't know if it counts but t-there was an incident.... last Wednesday w-we had an almost k-kiss experience," Dylan covered his face, his cheeks turning cherry red.

"What?" I asked in surprise. When did this happen? Almost kiss experience? 

"Umm... W-Well Mrs Smith asked me to help her dust s-some books in the library...and Jake came with me because h-he didn't want me to bump into the girls from before. While we were cleaning the top shelves..... there was an a-accident and we f-fell....well...... Umm.......I fell on top of him and we were uhh....... kinda really close........it was really awkward.... but h-he didn't push me a-away or seemed uncomfortable....You know if someone's straight, they'll feel uncomfortable, won't they? But he didn't, so there's a little hope, right?" Dylan asked me, his eyes shining with excitement but it also reflected his unsurety.

I sighed. "We can't say that but let's hope it's like that.....we should wait, if he has any interest in you, he will surely show it at some point." I tried to give him a reassuring smile but I wasn't sure myself. Giving him false hope will only hurt him more....

He's already deeper in this than I thought. This is all new to him. Dylan has never been in a relationship before. Even though he's always excited to meet new people, he's also really afraid and insecure about being close to someone. This is the first time I see my best friend hoping to fall in love and it scares me. I don't want his first crush to end on a bad note.... as mine did.......

___

Poor Dylan :-(

Hey guys, if you like this story, then give my other story 'Hold Me' a chance ❤️

It's a sweet story 👀