~30~

Jesse

The test results were given out today. I had an A+ as usual. I was worried about Tristan though but he looked really happy when he got the paper. I guess he passed it. The teacher was talking to him about something but she didn't seem angry so that's a good sign. 

Currently, I'm waiting for Tristan to come. Dylan, as usual, is late for lunch. Two dumbheads making me wait. I'm hungr—

"Hey," I heard Tristan's voice from behind. I turned around to find him running towards me. 

"I'm sorry, I'm late, " He panted out. 

"It's okay. Tell me about your result! Did you pass?"  I was eager to know if he passed or not. I was worried like crazy. 

Tristan smiled. "Yeah… " He said before his smile turned into a wide grin. I let out a breath of relief. Thank god, he did it.  "—And... I got an A!!!" He shouted, putting his paper in front of me. My eyes grew wide as I looked at the paper. 

What? He got an A? Oh my god, that's amazing!! 

I looked at Tristan grinning from ear to ear. 

"Can you believe it!? That's mine! I got an A! In chemistry! I'm gonna frame this paper!" He cheered while I laughed at his excitement. 

"Thanks to you 'cause If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have passed it," He said before sitting beside me. 

"I just helped you, you did all the work so the credit is all yours," I shook my head and handed the paper back to him. 

He smiled before scratching the back of his neck. "Umm... Jesse, I wanted to ask you something," He fiddled with the paper in his hands. 

"What is it? " I raised my brow. Tristan wasn't usually this nervous. 

"Well... You know Xavier? He's in the basketball team, "

I know him. He's friends with my sister I think and I've seen him around with Tristan too. 

"Yeah… I know him," My eyebrows furrowed as I nodded. 

"He's hosting a party this weekend and I wanted to know if you'd like to come with us," 

Party...? I don't like parties. The truth is I've never been to a party. But I heard about it. There's alcohol, loud music, and stupid people. 

Do I want to go there? I don't know... I don't think I'll fit in

"I...I don't know. I'm not really a party person," I looked down, nervously fiddling with my fingers. 

"Please...it will be fun. Jake and I are going and you can invite your friend too," 

"So what am I invited to?" I heard Dylan's voice behind me. Tristan stood up as he saw Dylan, he smiled as he walked towards him. 

"Dylan, right?" He asked, offering a hand. 

"Yeah," Dylan shook his hand while smiling back at the tall boy. 

"I'm Tristan. I was inviting that shy guy over there and you to a  party that a friend of mine is hosting. But he said he doesn't wanna go," 

Oh no…Dylan is going to agree. He's gonna act like a freaking matchmaker again. 

I sighed. 

Lord save me… 

"Why is that, Jesse?" Dylan questioned me with a smirk. I know that smirk. He's gonna get me in trouble, isn't he? 

"'Cause I don't like parties," I grumbled in annoyance. 

"But you've never been to one. You have to try it at least once to know if you like it or not," He shrugged, that damn smirk still not leaving his face. 

"But—"

"There's no but. We're going. I would like to see how the party is. So Tristan, count us in, okay? " He said, turning towards Tristan and giving him a thumbs up. Dylan turned to me before giving me a devilish grin. 

This little shit! 

"I'll pick you guys up on Saturday at seven in the evening, bye!" Tristan shouted before he waved us goodbye and rushed off to god knows where. I didn't even get a chance to argue. 

I turned to Dylan, giving him a pissed off look. He just smiled sheepishly at me. 

I sighed. Guess I'll have to go on Saturday. 

____

Guys, please take care of yourself and stay safe from the virus. ♥♥♥