Chapter 12

Ben's POV:

The boys and I have been in the waiting room for just over an hour. Even though we know it's a simple procedure, especially me, we're still just as anxious. Surprisingly Karev stayed by Everly side the whole time. I always thought he was a selfish asshole but I guess not.

"Elijah's calling." Aiden mumbled and he rolled his eyes and declined the call.

I guess it's safe to say that we're all really fucking pissed off at him.

Just as I was about to make a comment about it, the doors opened and Athena came out with a huge grin on her face making us all relax.

"It went perfectly fine. She's being sent to recovery and you'll be able to see her very soon. We'll be monitoring her for the next 24 hours but she'll have to be here for an extra 12 hours after that just to be sure since she is a tiny little thing." She said with a smile.

"Thank for doing this." I said as I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Anytime Benjamin." She said teasingly.

"Where's Karev?" I asked. I expected him to come out with her and tell us the good news.

"He's still holding her hand just as he promised." She said with a smile.

"Right I need to go prep for my next surgery. I'll come back soon to check up on her but right now Karev is in charge of monitoring her." She said she gave me one final hug and left.

"I've never been so anxious in my whole life." Austin sighed as he flopped into a chair and closed his eyes.

"Why the fuck won't any of you answer my calls?!" We heard a very familiar voice shout angrily grabbing the attention of most of the people in the waiting room.

"Keep your voice down Elijah. You're in a hospital." I said harshly as I glared right at him.

If he thinks he can get away with the shit he pulled both yesterday and today then he's got another thing coming for him.

He walked towards us and sat down next Austin while Aiden stood up and glared at him.

"So is no one going to tell me what happened?" He asked annoyed yet anxiously.

"Well you would've known if you could be bothered even being here to start with. You really prioritised your girlfriend over your little baby sister." I said disappointedly. Still in disbelief that Elijah wasn't here when his little sister needed him.

"She went missing for 20 minutes because she was scared. But you wouldn't know that. You know, because you weren't here." Aiden said angrily as he stormed off.

"It went fine. She's in recovery." Austin said briefly without even looking at Elijah before walking off in the same direction as Aiden.

"I have a good reason." Elijah said defeatedly as he ran a hand through his hair.

"No reason is good enough Elijah." I said as I rolled my eyes and walked off.

He fucking deserves it.

Everly's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Come on shut up. The beeping is really disturbing my nap right now. Letting out a small groan, I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was blurry at first and I couldn't make out how many people were standing around me. I blinked a few times and stared at one of the figures waiting for my vision to clear up.