Chapter 26

The next morning I woke up and felt like someone shoved a hundred ice cubes down my top. I was shivering! Did someone open my window?!

I cuddled closer to the warm body next to mine trying to warm up but it just wasn't happening. I could feel the goosebumps decorate my arms, legs, and even my cheeks. I took a deep breath feeling an unfamiliar scratch in my throat and immediately burst into a fit of coughs. I certainly didn't expect that.

I put my hand over my mouth to try to stop the coughs but they just kept coming.

"Ev?" I heard a gruffly voice say from next to me.

I looked over at him with my hand still over my mouth covering the never ending coughs.

B....Benny. I'm r....really c....c....cold." I told him the second the coughs stopped. My voice sounded weak and almost non existent as I forced my voice out.

"You're really hot honey. I'm going to check your temperature and grab some cough medicine. I'll be right back baby." He said softly has he kissed my forehead and bundled me up with extra blankets to help with the cold.

I rested my head on his pillow as I cuddled up into a bawl trying to get as much heat as possible but I still felt like my insides were ice lollies.

He came back a couple minutes later with cough syrup, a thermometer, a heater and more blankets.

"Let's check your temperature first." He mumbled to himself as I turned to face him, keeping my eyes closed since I physically had no strength to keep them open any longer than three seconds.

"102. That's not good baby." He said softly as he kissed my forehead and lifted me up from the bed and into his arms with the blankets still hugging me.

"Open your mouth for me sweetheart." He told me as I felt myself doze off.

I lightly shook my head in attempt to wake myself up and drowsily opened my mouth.

Once he fed me the medicine, he picked up the thermostat and turned up the temperature before carrying me down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Let's make you some soup. It should warm you up a little." He whispered with a yawn.

"What time is it?" I mumbled as I snuggled closer into his chest.

"6:10 baby girl. The rest should be waking up soon." He said before kissing my forehead once again and using his free arm to get the pot and ingredients.

"I'd hate to say this sweetheart but I have to put you down." He said softly as rocked me back at forth.

"But I don't want to be put down." I whined a so felt my eyes fill with tears ready to fall.

My nose feels stuffy, my eyes won't open, my throat feels are sore, I feel extra cold, and my tummy hurts! And he wants to put me down! It can't get worse than this.

"I know I know. Please don't cry baby, you know it breaks my heart to see those big green eyes full of tears." He pouted playfully.

"It's not funny benny." I whined even more as a couple tears managed to escape my eyes.

"Okay okay, how about this, you can go cuddle with Austin while I make you soup?" He asked.

"I don't want to cuddle Austin. Especially after he's been cursed." I sniffled as I wiped my nose on his T-shirt.

"Cheeky girl, how is he cursed?" He asked as I felt him walk around.

"Long story." I mumbled as I closed my eyes once again.