Chapter 29

It's been 3 whole weeks since Ben's date and I've never seen him so happy. He makes sure to have a date night at least one day of the week and so far he hasn't missed a single one. At first he wasn't sure whether or not he should have a weekly date night because of me. He didn't want me to get upset over the fact that he wasn't spending as much time with me. I never thought I'd say this but I really didn't mind. I have 4 brothers! Surely at least one of them can keep me occupied.

Ben usually has the weekends off at work unless it's an emergency, before Athena he would spend those days with me and we would either be lazy for the whole day, or we would go out as a family.

Now, he spends one day at home and the other he spends with Athena, and like I said before, I surprisingly don't mind.

"Alright kids, since today is Father's Day I was thinking of making our daddies a card!" Cassidy announced.

Cassidy has officially been assigned our class. Meaning she spends the full day with us and her and Austin both take turns teaching. One day it's Austin and the other it's Cassidy. However when one of them is teaching, the other sits at the back of the class and marks our homework or just helps us out when we're stuck.

Hearing this, Austin's head immediately shot in my direction giving me a worried look.

"What if you don't have a daddy?" Beth asked.

"Then you can make the card for someone who you consider a daddy." Cassidy said with a soft smile.

She began explaining the different ways we can make a card and how to write stuff in it. However, I was lost in my own world. Noah said that daddy's are always super nice to their kids, help them with homework, buy them ice cream, read them bed time stories, take them to the park and a whole other bunch of stuff.

My daddy was never like that so he's probably not my daddy then.

"Everly, you don't have a make a card if you don't want to." Austin whispered from next to me.

"It's okay." I shrugged as I turned away from him and picked up a crayon and a folded piece of card.

He gave me a sceptical look before letting out a small sigh and walked off.

I spent the next hour carefully decorating a Father's Day card for Ben. I made sure to use my bestest handwriting and also used silver glitter because he doesn't like gold. I drew a picture of the two of us inside and decorated the front of the card with stickers Cassidy handed out.

"Alright kiddies it's home time!" Cassidy announced from the front of the classroom as everyone carefully slipped their cards in an envelope and put it in their bags.

I glanced at Alex to see him staring at me with a slight frown. Silly boy.

Once everyone was packed up, Cassidy and Austin led us all outside where all the parents were waiting.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!" Cassidy said as Austin, Holly and I waved at her as we walked towards the car park. 

I could see Austin was hesitant and wanted to say something but didn't. I silently giggled to myself and got into the backseat of the car closely followed by Holly.

"Today dragged!" Aiden groaned as he got into the passage side. 

"We made daddy's day cards today. It was so much fun!" Holly squealed excitedly.

Aiden and Austin both looked at each other as if they were communicating through their eyes before Austin started the car and drove off.

I didn't pay them much attention since I was busy filling Holly in on the Ben and Athena situation.