Chapter 4

Ben's POV:

Once the girls, Aiden and Adam had left for the park, the three of us sat in the living room and watched the news. The day we sent David to rehab we've kept an eye on the news every single day just in case there's anything about him. It wouldn't be the first time.

The first time he was sent to a rehab, he escaped, Everly wasn't born then, Aiden was four, Austin was ten, Elijah was eleven and I was fourteen. Our mom was sick of his constant drinking and empty promises so she sent him to rehab. Forcefully, might I add.

A week later he was on the news saying he escaped. We looked over our shoulder very moment and hardly ever left the house. Jenny and Alex were always there for us. They'd babysit us or take care of us whenever mom needed them too, and even grocery shopped for us.

He came back a month later and started it all over again. Mom found it pointless sending him back if he was just going to escape again. However when Everly was born, the day after she was born mom sent him to a more secure rehab facility.

You guessed it, he escaped.

After he escaped mom left us, Jenny and Alex insisted that we stay with them even though they had their own four kids to look after. Jenny and Alex have been better parents to us than our actual parents could ever be. I can't blame our mom too much considering the amount of shit she went through was traumatising enough, but a part of me still hates her for leaving.

I went through medical school using part of the trust fund our grandparents set up for us and got Elijah and Austin through school and university. Now it's Aiden and Everly's turn. After medical school I didn't need to use the trust fund, my job was paying extremely well and we ended up moving back into our home.

Anyway, the three of us were watching the news keeping our eyes and ears open for anything that concerned us. Twenty minutes in, Elijah got up to call his girlfriend and that was when I felt my skull rattle with an underlying bit of fear.

"David Hollister has escaped the New York rehab facility centre at approximately 4:34 four days ago. The police and staff had chosen to keep this quiet in hopes of finding him, however as time progresses their chances are decreasing by the second. Keep your eyes open and please do inform the police if you have seen this dangerous man. We advise the family of this man to stay in doors and stay alert. If you have any information regarding this matter we advise you inform the police ASAP. Thank you." The woman on the tv spoke.

"H...how?" Austin stuttered out.

"We shouldn't have sent him back to rehab, high security or not. He's stayed there for two years and I know for a fact he hasn't changed one bit. We should've sent him straight to prison. Call Aiden and tell the four of them to get home." I said angrily.

I'm angry, regretful and disappointed in myself. I promised the four of them that I wouldn't let David come back into our lives and now he's back. I won't let him touch a single hair on either one of their heads.

The main reason for his return was either to get revenge on me or to take Everly. Now that the boys are grown up, it's not only me who he'll have to go through. Let's not forget we have Alex and Jenny on our side too. He won't have enough luck to get through the five of us.

The three of us raced downstairs and kept the news on the tv in case something else was said about David.

Just as Austin had held the phone up to his ear calling Aiden. We heard the front door fly open, immediately thinking it was David the three of us ran towards the door. The second we reached the door, we saw Aiden run upstairs with Everly in his arms not paying any one of us any attention.