Chapter 16

It's been a few days since the park incident. The guys felt bad about what happened so everyone came over to my house the next day for a do-over in our backyard. It was a lot of fun but Ben made sure to keep a close eye on me. I secretly invited Athena so she definitely made sure Ben was occupied. I've been trying to hint to Ben that he needs to take Athena out on a date. He's definitely not getting any younger, but my poor, clueless, naive big brother has no clue what's going on. I guess I'll just have to take matters into my own hands.

Anyway, it's not Wednesday, my third favourtiest day of the week, first is obviously Friday because it's the last day of school, second is Saturday which is when everyone is at home so we can play together, and Wednesday is number three because every Wednesday the high school sports people come to the kindergarten and play sports with us.

It's a lot of fun considering Aiden, Aless, Max, Dean and now Caleb are going to be here. Every Wednesday the four of them, (now 5) teach us sports and how to play them properly. I'm already great at basketball, soccer and football because of the obsession of sports in my family already. Sometimes I think they forget that I'm a girl, but I'm not complaining, I'd rather play sports with the guys than paint my nails. That stuff is so hard to get off.

"Kids I know you're all excited but you're going to have to calm down." Austin shouted over the multiple excited shouts of us children. Poor teachers.

"If there isn't silence in the next 5 seconds then you all can sit inside in complete silence." Miss Smith shouted which immediately made the crowd dead silent.

Miss Smith is the most horrible teacher ever! Austin always tells me off whenever I complain about her because I'm being 'too mean', but we all know she's the big meanie. She's so strict and horrible. Maybe even worse than Miss Trunchbul!

Anyway, the teachers all lead us up to the field where the high schoolers were already waiting. Some of them were mean, some of them were too nice and some of them were cool. Once we made it to the middle of the field, Austin started separating us all into groups.

Holly, Candace and Bella wanted to do cheerleading with the cheerleaders, and just like every week, they tried hard to convince me to join them but failed.

"You know I hate cheerleading Holly. It's so annoying." I whined as Holly tried once again to convince me to join them.

"Ev, you always play sports with the guys. Cheerleading is a sport too you know." She said as she put her hands on her hips.

"Blah blah blah." I yelled as I ran off towards Austin, ignoring Holly shouting at me from behind.

I successfully hid myself behind Austin and didn't dare move till I was sure that it was safe for me to come out. Holly has tried and failed every week to get me to join her. Sometimes I wonder how she puts up with me.

"Everly, I know I'm your brother but we can't play favourites all the time." Austin said with a sheepish look.

I know exactly what he's done and right now I'd rather do cheerleading.

"Austin, congratulations I didn't think you could do it." I said with an evil look as he gave me a confused one.

"You managed to pass Aiden on the least favourite brother scale. You are now number 4." I told him with a grin as he frowned.

"Well, just for that young lady, you're with team B." He huffed.

"Well then Austin, before I leave I have one thing to say to you." I said as he bent over to be face to face with me.