Chapter 20

Day #3 of careers week.

It's day 3 and I think I might just scream. I was so excited for today because Richy promised me that the hospital was going to have a party in the cafeteria because of all our hard work, but nooooooo Benjamin Oliver Carter just had to be a hero and spend most of the night in the ICU where he picked up a horrible stomach bug.

HOORAY!

So instead of going with Elijah, I have to stay home because he got called in for a robbery. For the first time in my life I really hoped Elijah would just take me with him but apparently a 4 almost 5 year old shouldn't be there. It sounds so exciting! I am officially jealous of Elijah James Carter! 

It seems like luck isn't on my side today.

Instead of getting dressed, I decided to stay in my pyjamas. What's the point wearing cute clothes when all I'm going to do is wander around the house?!

Ben gave Austin strict instructions that I am in no way allowed near him. I have to stay 6 feet away from him at all times because the last thing he wants is me getting the stomach bug too. I don't know which feet though, mine or his? Because if it's mine then that's not very far, but if it's his then I might as well be in another country.

I mean, I've had my fair share of stomach bugs in my 4 almost 5 years of living. I may not exactly remember them all but I survived. Plus I don't remember them being that bad. Ben just likes to exaggerate. It runs in the family.

"Right, I've got the soup all ready for poor Benjamin, Everly you can do whatever you like. Alex called earlier and said he can come pick you up if you like and spend the day with him and Holly." Austin said with a small smile as he finished washing the dishes.

"I'll pass. I have sleep to catch up on. It's hard work being an amazing temporary surgeon." I yawned as I picked up Mr Bananas from his designated seat next to me and walked off.

Time to find something to entertain myself with till at least Aiden gets home. Then he can provide me with entertainment which will most likely be him either embarrassing himself or playing on his PlayStation.

"What to do? What to do?" I muttered to myself.

"Austin!?" I called out as quietly yet as loudly as I possibly could. I needed Austin's attention but I didn't need Benjamin waking up.

"Yes honey?" He asked as he wiped his hands with a kitchen towel and walked over to me.

"Can we bake a get well soon cake for Benjamin? Even though we missed my last day." I asked making sure I used my puppy dog eyes that always seemed to work.

"Of course we can. I'm going to stop by at the grocery store and get what we need. I'll be gone an hour max so please stay in your room and don't cause any trouble." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Can't I just come with you?" I whined as I followed him out the kitchen and to the front door.

"No you can't young lady, I'm sure you remember what happened the last time I took you with me." He said as he rolled his eyes.

"That was one time Austin! And Aiden's not even with us this time!" I said as I sat on the stairs resting my head in my hands.

The last time we went to the grocery store, Austin, Aiden and I all went together. Austin made the mistake of trusting Aiden and I together, so while he went off to do the grocery shopping for the house, Aiden and I went looking for his video games. He managed to convince me by bribing me with a restock of my junk drawer that non of them know about. Other than Aiden of course.