Chapter 21

Day #4 of careers week.

Yesterday's prank was absolutely hilarious. Everyone was laughing at Aiden for a good 20 minutes. He 'threatened' me multiple times to just tell him where the rest of the alarm clocks were hidden but truthfully, I couldn't remember myself. He spent the rest of the night paranoid that another alarm clock would immediately start ringing and disturb his beauty sleep. It wasn't until Ben shouted at him for keeping me up past my bed time and for me to promise that there are no more alarm clocks left for him to go to finally go to sleep.

Anyway, Ben's spending another day at home since he wasn't feeling 100% and didn't want to risk anything with any of his patients. Plus Richard practically forced him to stay home by threatening to take most of his surgeries for when he came back.

Right now I'm sat on a stool eating my breakfast with Elijah while Benjamin is still asleep and Austin left to drop Aiden off.

"Are you excited?" Elijah asked with a grin. I think he secretly enjoys careers week more than me.

"Very! Do we have any interesting cases?" I asked as I shoved some eggs in my mouth.

Elijah has been working towards the FBI, he says that's his end goal. To be one of those important people in the FBI. So he jumps on whatever interesting cases there are and his boss doesn't even hesitate when giving them to him because he knows Elijah is way better than average.

"Actually we have two important cases. One of them is more...extreme? So if you don't feel comfortable doing it then we can just do the other one." He said with an excited smile.

"I'm so excited Elijah. I don't get creeped out by anything." I said proudly.

"Mhm what about the time the power went out because of the storm and Ben came home and you thought he was pennywise so you went to hit him with an umbrella?" He said as he playfully narrowed his eyes at him.

"It's better to be safe than sorry Elijah." I said as I rolled my eyes and sipped on my juice.

"I'm going to go finish getting ready, shout for me when you're done or just come upstairs." He said as he put his dishes in the dishwasher and headed out of the kitchen as I simply nodded.

I've watched my fair share of Brooklyn 99, sometimes they make jokes I don't really understand but they're still very funny. I only watch it with Aiden though. He made me promise not to tell anyone we watch it otherwise we'd both get into a lot of trouble. Considering the fact that we have three older brothers that watch us like hawks, they still have no clue.

I quickly finished off my breakfast and jumped off the stool with Mr Bananas carefully tucked under my arm and made my way towards the stairs.

Just as I was making my way up the stairs the front door slammed open startling me. I immediately lost my footing and my grip on the railing loosened as I fell backwards. This was it. This is how I die. This is how I leave this precious world. This is how I leave my brothers. I'll be gone before any of them even get girlfriends.

I felt my bottom hit one stair and my head hit the other and was immediately grabbed and picked up before I could fall down any more stairs.

My eyes were tightly shut as my heart practically dropped to my stomach and my head pounded. I felt a sharp pain in my bottom and didn't realise I had my hands over my ears and a muffled voice trying to talk to me.