Chapter 7

Ben's POV:

I didn't expect the situation to escalate so drastically in such a small amount of time. I heard exactly what Everly had said to Jenny and what Jenny had said to Everly. I genuinely feel as though I've failed as both her older brother and her guardian. How could I not have noticed?

She's a 4 year old child that's been deprived of a mother since the day she was born, of course she would have questions about both the whereabouts of her so called mother and her self worth. Surely not all mothers leave children days after they're born. It's definitely not normal.

I quietly closed the door to the living room and made me way towards the dinning room, lost in my own thoughts. Those heart breaking words I never want to hear again replaying in my mind like a broken record.

"We need to tell Everly, and we're definitely not waiting till this weekend. We're telling her tonight and that's my final decision." I informed my brothers as they looked at me confused.

"What changed your mind? Nothing will happen in a few days. I bet she's already forgotten about the incident or doesn't even remember saying it in the first place." Elijah questioned.

"You didn't hear what I just heard, we're telling her tonight no questions asked. And if you have a problem with it, then keep it to yourself because I'm clearly not interested." I said angrily as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Finally, a brother that's on the same page as me." Aiden grumbled as he walked out of the dinning room.

The three of us sat in complete silence till we heard a phone ring. More specifically, Elijah's phone.

"Hey babe...I can't come right now. No. I'm having dinner with the neighbours, they're our family. Fine." He grumbled angrily.

The second he hung up the phone he stood up from his chair.

"Wherever you're planning on going can wait. I don't care if your girlfriend is on her fucking death bed. You've been ditching family dinners and a lot of family time for your little girlfriend. So you're staying here whether you like it or not." I demanded.

I'm not the only one that's witnessed it. Just yesterday he cancelled on family game night because his girlfriend needed him for an emergency. I don't fucking think so.

"No I haven't. I really need to go." He mumbled as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Elijah, I really don't give a fuck if your girlfriend needs you. She'll fucking survive. You will stay here for dinner whether you like it or not. And the next time you miss out on a family dinner or event, you'll be in trouble." I said as I stood up from my chair.

"You can't treat me like a fucking teenager Ben. Im not Aiden. I'm an adult and can go wherever I want, whenever I want." He glared as he walked right out of the door.

"If you're such an adult, then why has your little girlfriend got you wrapped around her little witchy finer. She's using you or she's blackmailing you. And that sounds very childlike to me Elijah." Aiden said with a smirk before I could even get a word out.

I'd hate to admit it but he's right. He's never been more right.

"Keep your irrelevant opinions to yourself. You make zero sense. So back the fuck off." Elijah gritted angrily as he took a step towards Aiden.

"Get the fuck out. If you think I'm going to let you have a fight right now then you're sadly mistaken. If this isn't the last time Elijah, then kiss your girlfriend goodbye, because quite frankly, no ones a fan of her at all." Austin said as he stood in between the two boys and pushed them away gently.