Chapter 35

Ben's POV:

Chicken pox.

My little girl has chicken pox. I thought she'd get away with not getting it at all but I guess not. Some kid in her class had it and ended up spreading it to a lot of the kids. Including Everly.

She woke up this morning, earlier than usual, and looked in the mirror before screaming the house down. I had just stepped into the house at 7 in the morning from being in the hospital all night and the first thing I hear is my little girl screaming the house down.

Naturally I dropped everything in my hands and bolted up the stairs and straight to her room thinking the absolute worst, imagine my surprise when I see my little girl sat on the floor in front of her mirror, staring at her face full of spots.

"Daddy am I dying?" She asked as her eyes welled up with tears.

"No baby, of course not. You just have chicken pox." I reassured her as she let out a loud cough.

"They don't look like chickies though." She said after her little coughing fit.

I quickly picked her up and cradled her in my arms as she groaned in pain.

"What the hell happened?" The three of my brothers asked as I headed downstairs to the kitchen with her cradled in my arms.

"Chicken pox." I told them as they immediately froze, then backed away and ran to their own rooms.

Clowns. This is why I'm the doctor, they know they won't be getting it again. Idiots.

"I'm going to give you some medicine okay? Then we can take a nice long nap." I said softly as she nodded her head and snuggled closer to my chest.

I grabbed the medicine from the medicine cabinet and poured it on to the small plastic spoon before feeding it to her. Her face scrunched up in disgust when she realised I didn't give her calpol. Can kids get addicted to calpol? If they can then she surely is.

"Ben, I need to erm talk to you for a second." Austin said nervously as he scratched the back of his head.

"Tell me later, I need to get her sorted before anything else. Can it wait?" I asked him as I grabbed the thermometer and stuck it in her mouth.

"Erm yeah, yeah sure. Don't worry about it." He said with a nervous smile before disappearing back up the stairs. That's strange, he never behaves like that. He looks, guilty?

I mentally shook my head and got rid of any thoughts and carried Everly to the living room. She seemed to have dozed off right after I gave her the medicine, I'll have to try and force her to eat something when she wakes up. It's a real mission getting her to eat something when she's sick.

I laid down on the couch with her lying on my chest and carefully covered her with a thin blanket so she doesn't get too hot before switching on the TV. I faced her away from the TV before playing the newest season of money heist.

————————————————

"Daddy 'm hungry." I heard a soft voice say as I felt a small hand pull my cheek.

I didn't even realise I had dosed off. I guess that's what happens when you pull an all nighter at the hospital and come back to a sick kid.

Squinting my eyes open, I was met with a pouting toddler rubbing her face from all the spots.

"Don't do that baby, it'll make it worse. I know you want to scratch them but please don't." I said with a pout as she reluctantly stopped and let out a loud sigh.