▪Epilogue▪

"Sir, picking up an energy spike in Silaweir, Haras."

  The man turned, facing the suspended monitors before him. Several people were typing away in front of computers, busy collecting information from a wide variety of sources, trying to snatch every crumb of visual from the scene that was unfurling at the site.

  "Source?" He asked.

  " Pulling up satellite images," the woman replied. There was a collective gasp from everyone in the room at the sight of the massive, glowing storm gathering above the capital city of Haras.

  " The storm is causing the energy spike?" He asked, quizzical.

  " No, sir. Something else is causing the spike. Something on the ground surface."

  The man caught something at the corner of a faraway monitor, " Pull that up."

  "Right away," one of the technicians enlarged the image, which turns out to be a live video. The camera was shaking badly, but there was no mistaking that the people in the video were in a vicious fight. Flashes of lightning and fire flew, as well as the occasional flash of silver and magma patterned wings. The figures at the sides seemed to be fighting one sole adversary, one that had a set of strange, jagged antlers on her head, flinging around blasts of lightning.

  "Oh my."

  "Are you sure there's nothing else causing that spike?"

  "It's them."

  The man turned, surprised to see the arrival of another man. Slender, middle aged with sharp, dark eyes that just screamed of intelligence and cunning. Why...why was he here? Why now?

  "Sir?" The first man stuttered," I...don't understand."

  "These are no ordinary people, doctor," the second man said, his voice icy, tinged with a slight hint of amusement," Perhaps you should know this day is the Raju Unni. The Eve of Rebirth?"

  "No, sir." The first man said, clearly uncomfortable.

  "I wouldn't put it past you," the older man mused," It was only scarcely mentioned in the modern texts. But there is something special about this Raju Unni.

  "Record the energy signatures," he instructed, " I want eyes on everything that's happening over there."

  "Yes, sir."

  The older man's eyes flitted over the readings, a sinister grin creeping onto his face as he realized what would be the consequences of that battle. All the groundwork his family had laid, all those centuries of preparation, perhaps it has come to him to achieve that grand goal.

  "The barrier. This is finally happening."

A/N
Hey guys, I'm back! (Sort of, lol). I actually wrote this some time ago and was contemplating whether to post it or not, and here we are. Hope you enjoyed! The sequel is still in production, and will be in full swing after Cyber War was done. Although it may yet take a while, since there's been quite a lot going on at the moment, but in a few months I'm probably going to have much more time to write, and can hopefully get the first chapter of the sequel, Shattered Relations out before the end of the year. See ya guys next time.