☆17. Out of Control☆

Seeing the fear in the young mermaid's eyes was much too familiar, as she tried in vain to move away from him.

  He laughed at the mermaid's futile attempts, summoning fire all over his body to evaporate the wretched salt water on him at the same time. He didn't fancy launching himself into the water to get the mermaid's attention, but he bet that she was curious about things she probably hadn't seen before. And he was right, she took the bait. Definitely worth scouting the area every night since he arrived a few days ago.

  "Hey, beautiful," he winked, slipping into his usual devillish, irresistible charm," Don't worry, I won't hurt you, yet."

  The mermaid stopped inching away from him, her skin pale with fear, the scales glimmering faintly under the lights of the seaside country of Baracca. She was definitely afraid, for sure, and if he wanted to get a scale, he might want to calm her down first.

  She looked like a kid, for sure, but a little charm always works. Xevolar figured it wouldn't take much time to gain her trust.

  "Who are you?" She asked, fear clear in her eyes.

  "Cedric Major," he said, flashing his signature smile. It was his incognito name," You don't need to be afraid, little one. As long as I am here."

  "What..."she looked confused,"where..."

  She stopped abruptly as she gasped for air. Her gills quivering, but it was evident that she couldn't breathe.

  Cedric walked over, and clamped his hands over the mermaid's gills, preventing them from working. The mermaid thrashed, her tail thumping, but the Devil Prince was far too strong.

  "Shhh, princess, it will be over soon," he cooed.

  The mermaid's eyes rolled back into her sockets as she went limp from lack of oxygen.

  "Now that's a good girl," he grinned, summoning his demonic sword from out of nowhere, as he tried to pry a scale from the mermaid's tail, but the scale was wedged tightly like chinks of armour.

  He cursed, and tried again, but to no avail, then the mermaid's upper body shot up," Holy Ryxus!"

  If he hadn't recieved enough jumpscares, he would had jumped five feet straight into the air.

  The mermaid's tail thrashed, hitting him in the face while he was distracted, and she gasped for air. She touched her gills, which weren't even moving, yet she was able to breathe.

  "How is this possible?" She breathed heavily, her glowing blue eyes looking straight at Cedric, scooting as far away from him as possible.

  Cedric was about to say something when he sensed another presence behind him. With a snarl, he lashed out with his sword, just to deflect the blade of a jagged knife. The figure flew past him, and landed between him and the mermaid on the ground.

  "Who the Hell are you?" Cedric growled.

  "You're not laying your hands on her," the figure, a black haired boy, snarled.

  "None of your business, pretty boy," Cedric snapped,"out of my way."

  The boy was anything but pretty. With messy dark brown hair, glowing red irises, and ragged clothes, he looked like someone living in the wild. Still, by the speed that he used to attack, Cedric was sure he was no ordinary human.

  "Not gonna let you abduct an innocent girl on my watch!" The dark haired boy barked, and charged.

  "You sure she's a girl?" Cedric narrowed his eyes and smirked.