◇24. Die a human, or live a vampire?◇

TRIGGER WARNING
This chapter contains descriptions of suicide and self harm. If you are easily triggered, don't read the part I labled with a trigger warning. Seriously, don't read it if you're uncomfortable. Don't kill yourself, it's not cool. Life is not really something you should just throw away. Don't do it.
*******************************************

  "What are you exactly?" Gordon's question lingered in his mind. Johnathan didn't reply. He didn't want to. In the battle and the few days before that, he was forced to show his powers in order to stay alive, and it was quite the opposite of how he hoped everything would had gone. He didn't want them to know anything about his own dark nature.

  He was the only one awake at this hour, beside Jason, who was keeping watch. He tossed and turned, unable to sleep. His vampiric nature fought him, it did not like being kept up in the day and forced to sleep at night. Despite that, he was exhausted, along with the rest of the group. They had first agreed on no killing, but they quickly found out that it was immensely difficult with the bounty hunters' incredible skill. Heck, he almost died for just nearly a gazillion times. And if he hadn't gutted those people in fatal positions, he would had certainly died.

  But you can't hide it forever, a voice whispered in his subconsciousness, cackling, they are already suspicious. How long will it take for them to stake you to the sun and burn?

  No! He yelled. That won't happen.

  Are you sure? The voice said lightly, perhaps I should show you...

  Before he could protest, he was dragged away, helpless to do anything to stop it. He was face to face with the other four of the group, Cedric was sneering, while Jason's face was a mask of stone. Aquarius and Gordon somewhat looked horrified, as they stared at him. He looked down, to see his hands stained with fresh blood. Countless corpses surrounded him, the dead bounty hunters. He had drank from them all.

  A pool of blood surrounded him, and he could still remember his sharp canines slicing through flesh, pinning his jaws to the victim's soft neck, and sucking, gulping it down greedily. The blood was delicious, but came with a bitter undertone. He stared, with horror, at what he had done.

  "You're a monster!" Jason shouted.

  "You killed them all," Gordon whispered, mortified. His voice amplified and echoing through his skull. You killed them all. You killed them all. You killed them all. You killed them...

  Cedric merely chuckled," Vampy, you should really keep those urges in check, huh?"

  "Darkkris was right," Jason said, his expression guarded and wary," I am your future meal. Have you been planning this all along? Travelling along with us, waiting for a chance to strike?"

"No!" He yelped, "Listen, I am not going to hurt any of you, it's just-"

  "You lost control?" Aquarius asked, her voice trembling,"How do we know you are not going to lose control on us?"

  That hit him dead on in his sore spot. He shook, as the four kids that he thought of as his companions, even Aquarius, refused to trust him. He was a monster. He wasn't supposed to live. He should have died a long time ago. He should had died at the hands of the beast along with his family. He shouldn't had been the hero. Wynn was right. It was a terrible way of life. The village chased after him, seeing him as a terrible, murderous monster.

  (Okay, here's the trigger warning. Just skip this part, I can tell you briefly what it's about when it's over.)

  He turned away from his companions, and was suddenly faced with one of the higher ranked vampires he had met in the vampire stronghold. The vampire's forest green looked coldly at him, a slight red glow flaring behind her irises," You are not a real vampire, you do not deserve to be here."