◇18. Let's talk about this plan here, it's called going off with strangers◇

To be honest, Johnathan didn't trust them. Any of them.

  There was the strange, probably Oxiran boy with silver wings, the stranger who tried to abduct a mermaid and tried to kill him, and has wings which appeared and disappeared at will along with pyrokinetic powers. Then there's the mermaid and the centaur.

  He did not expect this.

  Just a few days ago, he was around the area, asking around for merpeople, and a few hours ago, just when he was thinking of how to approach this nearly unsolvable problem, the strange guy showed up, tossing the mermaid into the air and onto the waterfront.

  He watched as the silver winged boy, who introduced himself as Jason Aloz, tried to wake the centaur, while telling that he and the centaur had also been on Herno's trail as well. He didn't go further into the details, but as long as they are after the same goal, Johnathan couldn't care less about their respective reasons.

  Eyes on the prize, he thought to himself. This nightmare will soon be over.

  With a little help from Aquarius, who splashed some seawater on the centaur's face, did he start to stir, opening his brown eyes in wonder at the three strangers who were surrounding him.

  "Guys, this is Gordon Olar," Jason introduced," Gordon, they are Aquarius Pearl, Cedric Major, and Johnathan Ridge. Say hi."

  "Hi," the centaur squinted suspiciously, before turning to his comrade," What happened again? Why's the world spinning? There's an earthquake?"

  "Yeah...maybe it might be a good idea to go grab a drink or something,"Jason said, frowning worriedly," I think he needs some sugar to clear his head. And also, Aquarius, we should probably grab you some pants as well before anyone gets uncomfortable."

  "Pants?" Aquarius asked, puzzled," What are they?"

  "How would anyone not know what pants are?" Jason looked genuinely shocked.

  " It's a long story," Cedric said quickly, purposely ignoring the slightly suspicious look that Johnathan flashed him," She is not from around here."

  "He means, I am a mermaid," Aquarius stepped in, clearly not wishing to confuse the two.

  Jason stared at the two boys, his jaw hanging open, as if saying, Are you making sense of this?

  "Yeah, it's true," Johnathan said nonchalantly, " you city people probably haven't heard of…"

  "Guys," Gordon interrupted, cutting Johnathan short," I'd love to hear more, but can you explain after I get a good amount of liquid down my throat? My head is killing me."

  "Good idea," Jason said quickly, spotting the people starting coming out of their houses, to see what the ruckus was about," Let's get out of here."

  Johnathan had never been in a bar before, much less buy a drink. He was sure that they would get arrested for sure, three strange guys, and a centaur, along with a girl in weird clothing and pants. But fortunately, the others didn't even bat an eye, as well as the fact that the bartender seemed to be quite a jolly fellow who seemed to know Gordon.

  "Ah, Mr. Centaur," the bartender said warmly," Back on business again so soon?"

  "You know me too well, Dean," Gordon groaned, managing a hopeful smile," You suppose you can get me something to help me deal with my headache?"

  "In normal cases, I'd tell you to go sleep it off," Dean chuckled heartily, "But you look like crap, kid. I suppose I can cook up something special for you."

  "You're too kind," Gordon said, messaging his temples," My...ah, fellow companions might want to have some drinks as well?" As he looked questionably at the other four.