♤1. The Angel♤

4 YEARS AGO

  Jason thought his dream started out normal enough, like the rest of his day. Boring and tasteless, it was through his dreams could he escape from the harsh and disappointing reality.

  Yeah, sure, dreams could be weird all they wanted. Once he dreamt of himself hurtling through the air like a bullet, screaming wildly as he went into a rapid, uncontrolled descent. Another time he dreamt of dozens of birds swirling around him like a tornado, their wings buffeting in his face, and their colourful feathers drifting softly to the ground, one of them landing on the tip of his nose.

  But this time, he found only terrifyingly mysterious snippets.

  He saw a woman with strange, gargled horns atop of her head. Her eyes glowing with a bright, white light. Yet that light seemed alive, flickering and dancing, seemingly like a ball of scorching white fire, flaring with power. White tendrils of light raced along the rest of her body, which seemed to be covered in purplish battle armour, with silver and coppery streaks. A split second later, she turned to him, her eyes flashing dangerously, and his breath hitched. A chill crawled down his spine, as the woman's hand glowed, a ball of electricity forming within her palm.

  He opened his mouth to scream, but no sound came out. His heart leaped to his throat, and he tried to run, but a split second later, a sharp pain impacted with the center of his sternum, quickly spreading across his entite body. He cried out in pain, just to realize his voice was nothing but a hoarse croak.

  Then suddenly, everything went white, and the dreamscape shifted around him.

  She is coming, a masculine voice said.

  A thousand bolts of electricity struck the earth. In the distance, very same woman held high a curved knife the length of her forearm, as formless beings swirled behind her. Above her, a gigantic head burst through the clouds, with gigantic ramlike horns, its malevolent red eyes glowing bright, like a pair of ruby spotlights.

  And the most unnerving thing was, the woman, the things behind her, and even the head in the clouds, were all staring at him. And him alone.

  Everything then faded away once more. He found himself hovering in the air, surrounded by hundreds of other people in glittering armour. Strangely, they were hovering in the air as well, and when he looked more clearly, he was astonished to find white feathery wings sprouting from their backs.

  He tried to turn his neck to look behind him, but his muscles stubbornly refused to move. But a feeling deep in his gut told him that his wings were keeping him aloft, as it whispered something else. Something sinister and dangerous.

  He remembered trading a few words with the people around him, but he didn't quite catch what they said.  They were all holding weapons, hovering anxiously in the air. He looked to his right, to find he was no exception. A glowing, silvery white spear fitted snugly in his hand, a faint aura pulsing along its entire length.

  A sudden rumble commanded his attention, as several cracks glowed and spread across the ground with deep groans.

  He was breathing hard, frantically swallowing down his fear. In fact, something felt off. He didn't feel like himself, he couldn't even control his actions. He could feel a wave of disgust at what was to come. Only that he had no idea.

  Four glowings suns winked into existence from the depths of the cracks, fierce and powerful, filled with insatiable hunger and hatred.

  Two dark forms hurtled straight upwards towards him and the others, his instincts somehow told him those were dragons from Hell, a pair of dangerous brutes with jaws that could rip him to shreds in seconds.