A Life-Threatening Mistake

"Judge me by my heart, not my mistakes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's difficult to continue living normally when everything in your life is fucked up.

Living normal? I was no longer a part of that world. I now participated in the gangbanging acts of fallen angels, and a Guardian angel trying to protect me. It's hard to ever really get used to all of these things that revolved around me. It's like I'm the sun, and everyone else are planets orbiting around me. Why was I chosen to be placed in the center, receiving attention I wasn't sure I wanted to get?

Ha, "possible". I guess anything really is possible now, the people who create those "anything is possible" quotes were right.

I'm currently walking to lunch, debating on where to sit. The obvious choice would be to sit with Tony and his crew like I do everyday, however I longed to find Hunter so we could drive off and talk privately. In the lunch line, I spotted Hunter a couple people ahead of me.

"Hey," I softly said, knowing he would hear me anyways. Sure enough, he whipped his head around. I gave him a slight head nod, signaling to come talk to me. He shook his head, paid for his food, and left. While walking away, he passed by me. Shivers ran through me when we nearly came into contact, but if he felt it, he ignored it. Wow, rejected much?

So I guess my only other option was to go sit with Tony, but I dreaded going today more than I have any other day. Eventually, I decided I wanted to be left alone, hopefully nobody would come looking for me. I grabbed my lunch after paying and expertly weaved through the hallways to come outside from an angle that wouldn't allow me to be seen by his crew.

I approached the tennis courts. I was alone, thankfully, and spent most of the time just sitting on the bleachers writing a story. The story was about a lonely fish in a big, empty ocean. 

I ate a few bites of my veggie burger, but other than that I really wasn't hungry. I felt..homesick. Like an important part of me was missing, a huge vital chunk was gone. Ugh, this was stupid. I've only known Hunter for about a month now, and already not being near him just for the day is making me feel like curling into a ball and dying. Not literally, of course. Internally, I felt empty.

Just like a lonely fish in a big, empty ocean.

Suddenly, I got the urge to call Hunter, at least to apologize. I whipped out my phone and speed dialed him. After about five rings, it went to voice mail. Crap, here goes a lengthy message that he'll later receive.

"Hey, Hunter, it's me. Um, I guess everything lately has gotten really stressful for me, or something, because I'm just so tired of pretending to like Tony when I know all about his dumbass little plans. It's just"- pause- "really difficult to keep up this act when I despise him so much. I mean, put yourself in my shoes for once. Everything in your life was normal up until you learned your boyfriend is an evil fallen angel, and all the other complicated stuff that goes along with it. Life is difficult right now, I just wanted you to understand where I was coming from-" A beep erupted in my ear, ending the message.

Damn, my time was up. Hopefully he would get the jist of what I was trying to say through that message.

I heard the sound of a shoe scraping the concrete behind me, and I froze. A cold chill went through me as I realized someone had just overheard my conversation. Realization slapped me in the face when I remembered how a certain gang wondered over here every day to 'smoke'. Just my luck.

Sure enough, as I craned my neck around, I saw Tony standing there, crew standing close beside him. I was outnumbered, overpowered and unprotected by a group of fallen angels who would soon want me dead now that they know that I knew everything all along.

Tony coughed, bringing me out of my trance.

"Angel, I think you need to come with us..." and I was grabbed from behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hands binded, my mouth covered by a cloth and being surrounded by vicious angels, kind of made me motionless. I was in the back of a van, after being forcefully shoved in. I didn't dare move, for fear they would...hurt me. Who knew what kind of weapons were on them, not considering the ones they already possessed. Strength and speed, to name a few.

I layed there perfectly still for the twenty minutes it took to get...wherever they were taking me.

Finally, the van came to an abrupt halt and I felt the engine being turned off. Movement began occurring around me, while I was hoping and praying to live through this day. Would Hunter soon come and rescue me? Or is it too risky for him to come alone, utterly outnumbered. He would be screwed for sure, but would he risk his life for me? If what he is even counts as a "life"?

I didn’t expect anything though. My last thread of hope was my death would be quick and painless, and I would go up to Heaven and join Hunter. He would eventually forgive me for our little argument, and we would live happily ever after in a world of no drama. But would it really work like that?

What if it doesn't happen like that, and I die knowing that Hunter was mad at me?

Now, I wasn't even worried about dying. I was scared of dying without Hunter knowing that I loved him. Maybe I could make those my last words?

I was suddenly forced upwards and on my knees, then shoved out the van, landing harshly on my side.

Nobody caught me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

My dad recently passed away, along with one of my best friends committing suicide. It’s been a rough month, but it’s for the best that I start updating again. Thanks for your support and understanding, and votes and comments mean more to me now more than ever. Loves <3

~angel~