The Sparks Over Steak And Veggies

"Love doesn't make things easier....just worth it."

~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful loving eyes stared back at me.

You guessed it: Hunter. Since I couldn't do it in reality, I pictured myself doing a happy dance.

I wasn't sure how long I stood there gawking in shock, but I knew it had to be longer than I intended, therefore Hunter cleared his throat and gave me his famous smirk. I smiled bashfully back at him and for awhile we just kind of leaned by my doorway, staring deeply into each other's eyes.

I've heard people say that looking into someone's eyes reveals their every secret and past, but with him, it was impossible to see anything beyond his crystal blue eyes. Almost like he was mentally blocking me from...something. Himself? Maybe, but what could possibly be so bad that he couldn't tell me about? I basically told him everything I kept inside...and I still wasn't sure what was up with the whole eye change thing, maybe my own eyes were getting bad.

No, push the negative things away. He was here, in my home. With me....alone.

Crap! Silly me, of course we weren't alone.

I heard an awkward coughing noise from behind him, and my gaze immediantly caught the attention of a man slightly older than Hunter himself, and in an instant I could tell that he was Hunter's uncle. Despite the age difference, they looked nearly identical in appearance. I didn't mean to sound like a perv, but his uncle sure was handsome, in a man-ish model type way.

Hey, attraction is only instinct, right?

"Wow Angel, what a surprise to see you here." Funny, he didn't look surprised, more calm, expecting? And me, I'm sure I look like a basketcase.

"Yeah, it really is. I guess you must be his uncle, right?" I politely ask the man.

"Yup, this is my uncle, you can call him Micheal," he said.

Micheal stepped forward and held out his hand. I shook it gently and stuck my head back inside my apartment, yelling to my dad that they were here.

"Well what are you waiting for, let them in!" He yelled back at me.

"That's right, come on in! Sorry to keep you waiting," I said while laughing.

They stepped inside and took their shoes off, something they really didn't have to do, but whatever floated their boat. I raced into the kitchen and got the food divided into plates, then set them on the table as my dad shook Micheal's hand and joked around like old friends. I set the silverware on the small dining table while I watched out of the corner of my eye as my dad was introduced to Hunter.

I wasn't sure why I was so worried about my dad's approval over him, I could hardly care less what my dad thought of Tony. Sure, he liked him okay, they never really connected, though.

But what I was seeing was something totally different.

Hunter was a perfect gentleman whilst talking and conversating with my dad, which definitely pleased me, knowing my dad would have tons of nice things to say about him. It really didn't take much to make my dad like you, all you had to do was be nice and funny.

I liked seeing them get along well, made me feel, complete in a way.

We all sat at the table when everything was ready, and the meal looked delicious, if I do say so myself. Compliments to the chef. Hunter sat right next to me, and I took note of how close he scooted his chair next to my own. Every now and then our arms would brush up against each other, creating a friction-like tingle that drove me crazy.