The Angel Tattoo

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter and I made small talk as he drove me home. We actually had many things in common. We talked about stuff that made us laugh like funny movies and making fun of Tony. Plus things that made us cry such as animal Abuse and the movie "Titanic." Of course things that made us happy like the people we loved in our lives and beautiful spring days. And most importantly: music. 

Tony made me listen to rap most of the time, but I always enjoyed rock and metal more.

Bottom line: We had a lot in common.

And finally I asked the question I had been dying to know about.

"What's that tattoo on your arm?"

He smiled nervously and lifted up his sleeve when we reached a stoplight. It was an angel with wings. It was actually way bigger than it seemed, the wings of the angel spread across from his arm to part of his back even. The angel was in a praying pose and was on one knee. In the middle of the angel's very detailed wings were a bunch of unfamiliar names. They weren't just unfamiliar, they were outdated.

Those names were from centuries ago.

I knew because once in English class we did a project on angel's. I did mine on their name's, and right now I recognized every single name in his tattoo, because they were all name's of angel's. Let's see, there was:

Camael: Angel of Joy

Ezekiel: Archangel of Death and Transformation

Gabriel: Angelic Messenger

Harachel: Angel of Knowledge

Iofiel: Angel of Beauty

Manakel: Angel of the Oceans

Nathaniel: Angel of Fire

Perpetiel: Angel of Success

Raguel: Angel of God

Samandiriel: Angel of Imagination

Uriel: Angel of Creativity

And that was just to name a few. There were dozens of names like these all in the angel's wings. I wasn't sure if he was obsessed with angel's or if there was something else going on.

"Yeah, your probably wondering what's up with all the weird names in it's wings."

I didn't want him thinking I knew nothing about them, so I interrupted "...Oh no, I know what they mean. They're all angel names, see that name right there stands for peace, that angel stands for love, this one for harmony.." I rambled on, pointing out different names and giving him their description that I somewhat remembered.

He looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"What?" I asked "I know a thing or two about them. I think they're fascinating."

He slammed on the gas pedal when he saw that the light had turned green, but kept his focus on me, still a trace of shock on his face.

"I didn't know you knew so much about them, I mean not a lot of people do these days, besides myself of course,” he finally said.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, nobody is really that interested in them even though I am. It's good that somebody else gets it," I answered with a smile.

"That is good," he agreed and smiled back. "It just surprised me at first, just that you knew the meaning behind their names. That's most people's problem these days, they know everybody else's name and all, but they don't bother getting to know their story or what they've experienced."

"That's exactly right, it's how I feel sometimes. Like the people in LFL all know my nickname, but most of them haven't even bothered to ask me what my real name is. I'm pretty sure you're the first to ask," I informed him.

"Wow, no bueno. But now I have to ask you, do you really believe in them?" he asked.

"Believe in what?"

"Angels. I mean, do you really, truly believe you have a guardian angel somewhere out there, watching over you and protecting you?" 

"That's a pretty deep question, but honestly, yes, I do think there's a special angel out there. If there wasn't, then they wouldn't have sent you today to help me out. Do you believe in them?" I asked.

"Yeah, I strongly do. That's why I got this tattoo, to help remind me that there's away a guardian angel for me somewhere out there. And as for you, well your special angel is lucky as hell to be watching over you, Angel."

~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~

 Sorry for the short chapters, just bear with me.

~angel~