Into The Frey

"Maybe some people just aren't meant to stay in our lives forever, maybe some people are just passing through. It's like some people just come through our lives to bring us something, a lesson we need to learn, and that's why they are there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually I feel off into a deep slumber, but only after spending a couple hours sitting on my bed, wondering if the nightmare could possibly be true. I also spent that time pacing my room with a baseball bat in my hand (my dad and I are big fans of the sport, so it was only natural that it be our way of defense) ready and waiting, just in case the "Tony" in my dreams decided to return. One thing was for sure, I would swipe his possessed head right off his body if I had too.

I really didn't like admitting this, but I was scared down to the core. I've had bad dreams before, like any other person, but never about people I cared about. That alone just made it ten times more real and scarier. After awhile spent waiting for someone that would never re-appear, I gave up and plopped down on my bed again. I was exhausted, and school started in three hours.

Ugh, school.

I dreaded going, not only would I have to face the gang (and their sympathy/anger towards me) but most importantly, Tony. I couldn't trust him and I was afraid of what would happen if I were to break up with him. He would make sure my life was hell, no doubt about it. 

I had to be strong. Strong, strong, strong....I chanted that word in my head until I was able to fall asleep peacefully. But in reality, I could say the word "strong" over and over again, I could even brand it in my mind. But actually being strong was a whole different concept.

~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~

I was so thankful when I woke up and no nightmare.

But then I realized, school might as well be considered the worst nightmare possible. And soon I would be forced to walk right into it.

I had to stop thinking, I was worrying myself to death. Taking some action, I finally dragged my lazy butt out of bed and wondered into the kitchen to make some waffles. As I pulled the box out of the freezer, I saw a large bottle of Jack staring at me, practically begging for me to take a sip. I grabbed it from its rack and unscrewed the lid. It was already open with some gone, so it was possible my dad wouldn't notice. He would understand anyways if I told him about what was going on.

And who cared, if this was what I needed to get through the day, then so be it.

I chugged until I was tipsy, then poured some more into an empty water bottle I found. Should last me all day let's hope.

It definitely woke me up more, and made me giggly and stagger a bit, but I still had enough sense to get ready and not be late. I dressed in some faded denim skinny jeans with a pink tank top with a big black heart in the middle, along with a black belt and some black kicks and black dangly earrings. Ha, shove these colors in your face, LFL.

I wasn't particularly mad at them; they obviously weren't the ones who slapped me, but I was a little ticked that none of them at least texted me to see if I was alright. Some friends.

But there was one thing, one really good thing that I couldn't wait for was Hunter. I'm sure he would help me out today if I needed it, and just knowing that made me feel relieved. At least he would be on my side even if nobody else was.

Time to go. I called out a bye to my dad after I got ready, grabbed the "water" bottle, then ran out the door. Normally I wouldn't need to rush, Tony's car usually got us to school plenty early. But today, there was no way I was even getting near him. Which precisely meant I would be riding the bus today. Something I haven't done in three ancient months. It'll at least give me some time to think about things. Good things, to be exact.

But it was hard to think positively while the enemy was ten feet away, staring you down. Tony called something out to me, but as soon as the words came out of his mouth I turned on my heel and sped away from him. I saw the bus and I graciously hopped on before the doors closed. I took a seat somewhere in the middle and stared out the window as the bus pulled away, trying to calm my pulse.

Of course I should've known better than to think he would just give up. Therefore, driving directly next to my side of the bus there he was. And he drove next to it the whole entire way to school. My plan was to think about things on the ride to school, but how could I now when he was right beside me? Not to mention it would be impossible to avoid him, but I would try.

Then school appeared, the bus stopped, and kids started getting off.

My turn to walk into the frey.

~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~angel~