Walking Into The Doors Of Hell- Part 1

"Just because you've made it this far, doesn't mean you made it."

~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, as I stepped off the school bus I was immediately engulfed into a tight bear hug. Tony was the one behind it. 

Realizing that I had been standing in his embrace for more than a few moments, I instantly stepped back, not wanting to give him the impression that I actually wanted to be held by him, because in fact, I couldn’t stand him.

I expected him to back off as I attempted to shove him away, but instead of getting the hint he just grabbed onto me tighter. If this wasn't a sign of abuse, then what was? Either the boy was stupid and oblivious or he just had no respect for me. I had a pretty good idea which one it was, both. I pried loose from him, then turned on my heel and stalked away, smoothing out my outfit along the way. I never looked back, despite the pleas Tony kept called out behind me. I walked into the front doors of school and let loose a huge sigh.

I strode into my first period, and to my pleasant surprise, saw Hunter.

I grinned widely and began to walk over to him, but that was when I noticed I didn't need to, his seat was directly next to mine. We made eye contact and he returned my smile, then we both chuckled when I went over to my seat and he realized we sat beside each other.

Uh-oh, here come the butterflies again.

They swarmed like a hive of bees in my stomach throughout my entire first period, especially whenever Hunter would turn to look at me or when I would watch him out of the corner of my eye.

The bell rang, and as I bent down to pick up my things, I watched with intensity as Hunter quickly came over to my aisle and picked them up for me. He smirked as he handed them over.

This man was just the bomb. Notice how I referred to Tony as a boy, and Hunter as a man. I had done that accidentally, without even thinking about it. 

As Hunter and I walked out of our class, I asked:

"So how come you weren't in that class yesterday?" The corners of his mouth pulled up.

"Well, as a new student, I had to sit down for the first few periods while they created my schedule. But then as a badass, I got into that fight, so I was excused from school early."

I laughed at his statement and asked him for his schedule, hoping maybe we had some more classes together. He handed it over and I scanned it's contents.

Holy shit.

He had every single class that I had, our schedule's were completely identical. This was turning out to be a pretty damn good day, thanks to Hunter. I gave it back to him and faked a frown. He looked at me with a bit of worry and confusion.

"What's wrong? We don't have any more classes together?" he asked.

I shook my head and pretended to look disappointed, meanwhile wondering how far I would take this. He made the weirdest face, a mixture of disbelief and utter confusion. Was he really expecting us to have all our classes together? Something clicked. Did he purposely arrange for us to have everything together?

That would explain the confused look on his face. But no, surely he wouldn't have done that, he didn't even know me at the time. He asked me for my schedule and I gave him my most innocent smile, which of course was not so innocent. He studied my face for a moment, and then smiled. He could tell I was pretending. Smart man.

"Haha, just kidding. Looks like we have every class together!" I exclaimed, trying my best to hide my excitement, not wanting to seem too happy. That freaks most guys out, right?

He smiled and tickled me. Ah! How did he know I was ticklish? It took Tony almost two months to find my tickle spot, which was under my arms, yet it took Hunter less than a day. He was wicked.

We talked and laughed the rest of the way to our next class, but was it just me who noticed how close we walked beside one another, our bodies brushing against each other from time to time, or was it him to? Who cared, it felt amazing in so many different ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day was spent chatting with Hunter and ignoring Tony's futile attempts to make things right. Although I was somewhat pleased that he cared enough to keep trying to get me back, it still didn't hide what happened and how he had treated me.

Work a little harder, Tony.

The gang was quiet with me today, I guess waiting to see how everything would play out with Tony and I. It wasn't as bad of a day as I expected, nobody pestered me to make up with my him, and nobody in particular was mad at me for leaving with Hunter the previous day.

Oh but trust me, Tony noticed.

He also noticed how close Hunter and I acted towards each other. I could feel his gaze on us as we walked through the hallways. During lunchtime, I had no interest in being around LFL's normal outside table. I didn't know where I was going to sit, I didn't have too many friends outside of the gang. But I had Hunter, and hopefully he would be okay with me sitting with him.

Actually, Hunter had his own crowd of followers. Many people loathed LFL, because in fact, they were like big bullies. But meaner and way more vicious and violent. With that being said, Hunter became instantly popular with alot of students after the fight. I didn't blame them since he was unbeliebably amazing.

Well right now I thought of him as a higher ranking of amazing. Fucking breath-taking awesome, that's how I would describe him. Don't forget the hero part, that too.

As I got into the lunch line with Hunter, I got the veggie sandwich pack I got every day. I was indeed a vegetarian, something Tony never seemed to understand. He always pursued me to eat meat, but I just don't like the stuff. Bleh.

As I pulled some money out of my pocket to pay for my lunch, I was again surprised to hear Hunter telling the lunch lady:

"Oh, and I'll pay for her too," he smiled at me. My cheeks burned. I thanked him and as we walked off, the lunch lady tugged on my sleeve and told me:

"Honey, you got yourself a good man right there, keep him!"

I laughed and agreed with her. 

Hunter waited for me until I returned to him, and thanked him again for the food. He smirked and reassured me it was no problem. I didn't know where we were going to sit, however a few kids came up and asked him to sit with them. He turned to me and said:

"I've got some other place in mind. Follow me."

I did what he said, curious to see what place he was talking about. He headed outside, opening the door for me, and as we began walking, I emembered, LFL's table was nearby. Sure enough, as we walked by they all gawked at us, especially Tony. He threw down his food in aggravation and stormed off, cussing out loud in Spanish.

We kept on walking though. I could've sworn I saw Hunter biting his cheek to keep from laughing.

We reached the parking lot, and as we approached his truck, he slid out his key from his pocket and unlocked it. He held open the passenger door for me, then went around to the other side and hopped in.

"Okay, seriously, where are we going?" I asked with a hint of glee. He looked me in the eye and said, "You'll see."

Butterflies, please leave my stomach alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~angel~