Free at Last

• Dedicated to Everyone who has been a faithful fan <3

 "If I leave here tomorrow,

Would you still remember me?

For I must be traveling on now

'Cause there's too many places I've got to see

But, if I stayed here with you, girl, things just couldn't be the same

'Cause I'm as free as a bird now

And this bird, you'll can not change

And this bird you cannot change

Lord knows, I can’t change

Bye, bye, baby it's been a sweet love yeah, yeah

Though this feeling I can't change

But please don't take it so badly

'Cause the Lord knows I'm to blame

But, if I stayed here with you girl, things just couldn't be the same

'Cause I'm as free as a bird now

And this bird, you'll can not change

And this bird you cannot change

And this bird you cannot change, Lord knows I can't change

Lord help me, I can't change, Lord I can't change

Won't you fly high, free bird, yeah?''

-Freebird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                -Earlier that night-

They slowly crept towards the front door. Their footsteps were never to be heard, nor their appearance ever to be seen by the other neighbors in the apartment complex. The weapons these people carried on them were meant to harm a hundred men, not a single person. Their target rested inside his living room, calmly watching a baseball game with a Budlight in his hand. They could hear his heartbeat from more than a hundred feet away. "Time for blood to be split", they all thought in their crooked minds. Most of them crouched down low when they reached the door. Their leader, a man dressed in all black, stepped forward and withdrew a small key from his pocket.

With as much patience as the man could muster, he carefully eased the key into the slot and turned it until he heard the 'pop' that indicated the door was unlocked. He planted a firm grasp on the doorknob and twisted it ever so gently. Before he made another move, he turned back around to his fellow peers. The man raised his thumb up, and in one motion pointed it toward the door. This was the cue. In one fluent movement, the people unleashed hidden wings on each of their backs.

The people's wings were torn and battered, a sickly dark brown color that somehow made their leader smile. He turned back around kicked the door down so fast it made no noise. Quickly, the people behind him crowded around the single man in the living room.

Right as he was lifting his beer to his mouth to take a sip, the leader pulled out a long blade from his belt and slit the mans throat with no regret.

The leader smiled as the blood poured from his target's neck and onto the white carpet.

"The girl's father is dead. Now it's her time," he said smugly.