Patching Up Holes & Creating New Ones

• Dedicated to Daddy <3 (Rip)

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of brave people overcoming it...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The imprint on Elizabeth's ring stayed in my skin for about three or four days. I didn't go back to school. Well, technically I was suspended, but I wouldn’t have gone even I wasn't. Let's be honest, that place has caused nothing but trouble lately. I didn't have too much longer to go, so I made the decision to drop out and be home schooled. Who knew, I might want to go back after this mess was over with. But that was for the future to choose.

"Ready?" Hunter asked me from across the room, crouched down. He looked like he was taking a shit, so I started to laugh.

"Oh, come on. How did I lose your attention now?" he wondered, scratching his head as I continued to laugh.

We were currently practicing self-defense, he figured with all this free time he might as well "develop my fighting technique." It was working, for the most part. He taught me a bunch of cool moves I could use against the fallen angels that I never even knew of. They ranged from a kick-spinning jump, the original finger in the eyeball to even ways to prevent them from attacking me when they were charging.

"I'm sorry but the way your squatting makes you look like your taking a shit," I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"For your information, Angels don't poop," he responded by snapping his fingers sarcastically.

"But what about the book called "Everybody Poops"? Did they lie?" I faked shock.

"I believe so. Sorry to break this horrible news to you, it must be a terrible way to end the day," He said, amused. I pretended to be hurt while he came up to me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist.

"Wow, I see my job has paid itself off. I feel some new muscles here," he commented while squeezing my sides. I followed his movements and noticed I did feel a little thicker. Which was good, because he had me working my butt off every day.

Outside my living room window I saw the sun setting. I looked up at him and tilted my head to the sun outside, hoping he would get the hint. At this time of day, we usually found ourselves at our meadow. We would watch the sunset and feed the fish some leftover bread we brought from home.

I loved my life right now. I hadn't seen, or heard from the gang in days. It's almost been a week since the fight. A nice, relaxing vacation compared to the multiple punches and blows I suffered. When Hunter had finally rescued me from those bitches, I was almost as bad as when they hurt me in the warehouse. He had to quickly remove me from the situation and take me home before the teachers saw the brawl, so I wouldn't get in trouble. He took me to our meadow and healed me a second time.

I felt pretty bad for him, he was really weak after he healed me, and yet I still persisted that we go back to school. I wanted to prove to them that I was already healed and over it. So, even though he wasn't 100% strong, we went back to school that day. I got there during the second to last period and immediately saw Maria, Estrella, Jocelyn and Elizabeth with the rest of LFL. This time, I glared at them and gave them the finger.

That may of been stirring the pot for disaster, but to hell with it. I was tired of them being the one to overpower me; I had to show off a little braveness. I felt so much more confident now, and to think I owe it all to my middle finger.

So anyway, I walked into my last class and five minutes later I was called into the office. The principle told me that there had been a fight in the girl's restroom during lunch. I told him I had no idea what happened, but he sighed and turned around to a small TV in his office. He pressed play on his remote and a video began to play.