You Have Some Explaining To Do

"Each of us represents a star in Heaven. Sometimes we shine with the rest, sometimes we twinkle alone and sometimes, when we least expect it, we make someone else's dreams come true."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter must not have known it was me.

I think he saw me as a danger. Why did I think that? Because as soon as his head whipped around when he heard the noise of my phone, a large pair of white feathery wings sprung out from his back, and a low ferocious growl errupted from his throat.

I was speechless.

His heavenly wings expanded 4 or 5 feet from his body, he appeared dangerous and angelic at the same time. How was a girl to react? Being myself, I chose to just stand there, still as a tree, my mouth in an "O" form. I believed in angels, yes, but never in my life had I actually seen on. And ecspecially Hunter, out of everyone? He had some explaining to do.

As soon as he realised it was only me, his eyes widened in shock and his wings retracted back into his body. We stood there for an awkward moment, unsure how to approach the subject of what the hell just fucking happened here.

I put together the obvious facts: That Tony and his "gang" were actually a gang of fallen angels, that Hunter was my Guardian angel, and that somehow, I had gotten involved in shit that I had no control over.

Fuck my life.

Hunter (or should I call him Haniel?) began to walk cautiously over towards me, carefully gauging my reaction to him. I wasn't planning on freaking out anytime soon, but he didn't know that. The question I had to ask myself was, would this change my perspective on him? Hell yeah it would. But it really depended on if he had good or bad intentions. He was my guardian angel, right? So that makes him a good guy, or at least it should.

What I had to focus on now was looking as untouched as possible by this. I've seen way too many movies to know that flipping out was a waste of time, and that keeping your cool was the way to go.

I held my head up high as I stared at him directly his eyes.

His eyes, which remained sky blue, stared right back into my own brown orbs.

"You don't have to pretend to be strong, Angel. You've seen too much. I assure you it's alright if you want to have a breakdown or never want to see me again, that would be a normal reaction. Hiding behind a face of calm doesn't make you any more secure, trust me, I know. I'm the one whose been alive for thousands of years."

I stared at him in disbelief. Thousands of years?

"I'm n- not hiding. I j-just, don't know how to react right now," I stuttered the truth. 

"Do you want to sit down for awhile?" he asked, pointing towards the grass. I nodded and picked a spot to sit at about four feet from where he decided to sit. He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I get why you may not trust me, but if you overheard that whole conversation, which I take it you did, then you should know I'm not the bad guy. You should know now who is." 

"It's not that I don't t-trust you, it's just, I don't know. Maybe this is all too much too take in at once? Answers, I just need answers. Tell me, why should I trust you?"

He cleared his throat.

"Well, I'm the good guy because I'm not a fallen angel. I stayed put in heaven why the evil ones fell, I was the few who remained loyal. Thanks to that, I rank higher than most angels. Awhile ago, He called me up and told me a girl was going to be in danger soon with the fallen angels, and that the leader of them was going to use you to take over your body so he could feel things like a human would, because if you didn't know this, fallen angel's cannot feel at all. Well, except pain," he added with a chuckle.

"So you're here to save my body from being taken over by them?" He nodded. "But how come all of them are involved, I mean if it was only Tony who was going to use my body, how are the others getting any advantage?"

"You see, every group of fallen angel's has a leader, which is Tony in case you haven't noticed. Every fallen angel's goal is to take over a human body to use as their own, but before any other angel in the group can do that, the leader must first make his claim. Tony and his "gang" have been searching for thousands of years to find the right person, and you're the lucky human. Not. Once Tony claims you, all the other group members have access to claim their own human."

I took a minute to take all this in.

"So what you mean is none of the others can do anything until Tony claims someone?"

"That's exactly right, you catch on pretty fast," he gave me a smile. I didn't return it, I still had plenty of questions on my mind.

"And how exactly does he "claim" me?"

"He tricks you into falling in love with him, then five months prior to dating you, he gets you to say you love him, only you actually have to mean it. The five months is just like preparation."

"What does five months have to do with anything?"

"Five months is just the way He made it, so nobody questions it, it's just always been like that. But now, He re-wrote it. He didn't want fallen angel's to have any advantages because they betrayed Him, so He changed the rules to where if they attempt to "claim" a human, both the fallen angel and the human will die."

"And "Him" is-"

"Right."

"And where do you take place in any of this, besides preventing me from saying that I love Tony?"

"I have my own reason for you to tell me you love me. The good reason. Once you say it to me, and mean it, every fallen angel in that group will instantly be sent to Hell, where they deserve to be."

I felt dejected. Was he only getting to know me so he could get me to tell him I loved him? I don't see how that was any better.

"And then you'll leave me alone, is that how it works? I fall for you and tell you I love you, then they get exiled and you leave me? I heard Tony say it was against the rules for a Guardian angel and a human to fall in love, is that true?"

"Angel, I would never use you like that. And Tony has no idea what he's talking about, he fell a long time ago, and thing's have changed up in Heaven since then. For instance, He approved the idea of a Guardian angel to fall in love with a human, as long as the human is the same one he's supposed to be protecting," he replied with intensity in his eyes. 

"And besides, you wouldn't be the only one saying I love you....."

~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~

Well I hope this chapter explained alot of things :P If not, let me know and I'll answer some questions. But no worries, more questions will be answered in the following chapters to come, I won't leave you hanging! And isn't Hunter sweet? I love him to death! Loves <3

~angel~