Regret, Remorse and Longing

"I don't regret the things I've done, I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the door in disbelief, anger boiling in my blood, and regret coursing through my veins.

Our first fight.

I never thought the day would come when Hunter and I disagreed on something. I didn't mean to be such a bitch to him, but he knew I wanted nothing to do with Tony, and he still put up a fight about it! I saw nothing wrong with simply taking a day off from him, it's not like I can be stuck to his side all the time.

Why didn't anybody understand that sometimes a person just wanted to be left alone from the person they loathed?

Sure, I felt bad for being unnecessarily mean to Hunter. I mean, he was just trying to keep me alive and well, who was I to mess with that? No! I had to stop assuming he was right just because he was an angel, it's not like he knows everything there is to know.

I could be right, right?

I'm sure he was just over-exaggerating, Tony wouldn't "freak out" if I skipped a day with him. Maybe he would be a little ticked, but he wouldn't do anything too rash. I hoped.

I was torn between texting Hunter and saying "Sorry" or just ignoring him for the rest of the day. I longed to be next to him again, to be snuggled up safe in his arms. I wanted his lips to be pressed to mine, with his hands wound tightly in my hair. I sighed in content just thinking about the mental image.

I changed my mind last minute, I texted Tony instead.

Hey, don't come over today either, I'm not feeling well

A couple restless minutes later he responded.

Wtf, y?

I rolled my eyes and typed back an answer, pounding the keyboard a little harsher than needed as I made a lame excuse.

I just threw up, I'm not feeling well. I'll see you at school tomorrow

yeah, sure c ya

Wow, I get so much support from him (sigh).

I trudged back to the comfort of my bed, my heart felt heavy and loaded, like a cannon. Hmm, who should I blow it at?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night time when I awoke. 9:04, to be exact. Wow, I'm surprised I slept through the entire day! I pulled my phone out from underneath my pillow and texted Hunter. We usually snuck out to spend time with each other all night at our spot, and I wondered if that would still be the plan even after our fight.

Hey. Are we going to our spot tonight?

His response: devastating.

No.

He sure did take his sweet time answering, then to reply with only one word? This wasn't how he acted. Which meant, I was going to act how I normally didn't.

Fine.

t threw his one worded reply back in his face, and I hope he felt the slap.

I didn't feel like myself when I woke in the morning. Dried tears stained my cheeks; I guess I had cried myself to sleep? I don't even remember, but the disappointment from last night combined with the fight yesterday must have taken a toll on me.

On the bright side, I didn't have to face Tony at all.

Well, what does it really matter, considering I had to see him all day today? Not only see him, but stay tucked to his side like a lost puppy. Fuck my life.

I felt weighed down with remorse, almost as though I had gained an extra fifty pounds and was being forced to endure the agony the weight caused. My mornings usually consisted of me enthusiastically awaking and getting well manicured for school, but today was the total opposite. Because now, I didn't look forward to being around Hunter as I usually did. Therefore, I had nothing to be excited about. Nada.

So instead of trying to make myself look nice, I threw on some sweat pants, a plain white tank, and some white vans. No jewelry, makeup or anything to make me look physically attractive. Today, I was impressing nobody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was almost tempted to take a few gulps of the new bottle of whiskey my dad had bought, but I refrained myself, scared that something important might happen and I would be too intoxicated to notice. Intoxicated? Since when have I ever used that term before? What I normally called getting drunk was "Getting fuuuucked up." Hmm, something was a little off about me lately. Was Hunter somehow making me mature, just by being around him? Yeah, probably.

I stepped outside and found it was drizzling. Oh, that's amazing. I pulled my loose hair into a messy bun and searched for Tony's mustang in the complex's parking lot. I spotted him instantly, the smoke  was pretty obvious rising from the windows of his car. I rolled my eyes, now knowing that he was immune to weed. So basically, he was smoking it for nothing but to impress me.

It gave me something to think about on the way to school besides struggling to keep my breathing even from all the smoke. So Tony was alive for thousands of years as well as Hunter, right? That means that this whole "gangbanger" apparel was really fake. I have to hand it to him; he and his "crew" pulled off the act pretty well. But then again, I guess after a lot of time has passed, anybody could grow to become as good actors as they portray.

"Whatcha thinking about so hard, babe?" he asked, while planting a sloppy, wet kiss on my cheek. "And why do you look like shit today?"

"Gee, thanks," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"You know what I mean. Was that crap you were saying about being sick true? Or were you just trying to get away from me? 'Cuz I wouldn't like if you did that." His eyes suddenly held a dark gleam, and it scared me down to the core. Was this a preview of what Hunter meant when he said Tony would get pissed?

"No, boo, I wasn't lying. I actually was sick. Like I said, I threw up." What else could I say? I felt the impulse to back talk him just to piss him off, but I chose not too.

The rest of the ride to school was uneventful, and I breathed a sigh of relied when I saw the familiar outline of the school's building. I had all my classes with Hunter, and I didn't exactly know how to act around him, so that took a few notches away from my excitement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into first period smudging away my lips; Tony's kiss had been wet and gross.

Immediately, I spotted Hunter sitting in his normal seat beside mine. I had hoped he would look up and catch me staring at him, so we could do that cute smiley thing at each other. But no, he never even glanced my way. I sat down beside him, but he didn't move his gaze a fraction of an inch. I decided I had to get some sort of reaction out of him.

I waved my hand in front of his face, and he timidly looked over at me. We locked eyes, and his face stayed unmoving. I gave him a weak smile, but he never returned it. He gave a slight head nod, but then turned back to the front of the room.

Desire to reach out and touch him struck me in the middle of class, and all I could think about was our heavy make out sessions in the cave. I thought of every precious moment I spent with him, and all of it was just enough to make a small tear slip out from the corner of my eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~

~angel~