Recovery~ Part 2

"No matter how far wrong you've gone, you can always turn around."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A large gust of wind whirled around us with Tony's absence, and I was quickly left alone with Hunter. Who was, right now, a dangerous Hunter, with eyes as black as night, and threatening.

Almost instantly his dark gaze disappeared, replaced by his usual icy blue eyes. Did his eyes change color from blue to black whenever he fought or was angry? It appeared so, but at least he seemed in control of himself now. I shuddered just thinking about him accidentally attacking me, and even though I trusted Hunter, I really wasn't experienced enough to know what and what not to do whenever angel's were in fight mode.

I layed there perfectly still as we stared at each other. He was a mess, cuts and bruises scattered along his body, and I could hear his ragged breathing even from a distance. He didn't look too good, but I'm sure I wasn't any exception either. My heart stuttered at an uneven beat, my arms and legs were shaking like a leaf in the wind, and I'm sure my hair and makeup were a mess. My dress? Yeah, it was probably torn.

Despite me being obviously un-attractive, Hunter still managed to triumphally smile down at me, and although I knew how much of a fail tonight had been, I gladly returned the smile. To go through what we had gone through, and to still smile? It was the first step to what I knew would be a very long recovery process. At least I knew I had someone I could count on, someone I could love through my hardships, and someone whom I could confide my trust in.

I needed this smile, but most importantly I needed Hunter.

~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He took a few cautious steps toward me, gauging my reaction to him. I wasn't sure why he was doing this; it certainly wasn't him I feared.

"Angel, baby, I know this is a dumb question, but are you okay?" He reached me and kneeled down in front of me; tilting my face up to his so he could get a better look in my eyes.

I was able to reach my quivering hand up to cup his, but only for moment until my whole body gave out and I dropped to the ground. Or at least I would've, if Hunter hadn't of caught me before I fell into the dirt. He smirked but held onto me just in case.

"That pretty much gave me an answer, how about I take you home?" he asked.

I nodded my head, the thought of my bed sent me into relax mode. He picked me up and carried me bridal style through the trail that lead back to the party. Wait, how where we going to get home? I rode here with Tony, and heaven only knows where Hunter came from. Not to mention the party was located in the middle of nowhere, and it would take hours to walk back to my place.

"Hey, what are you thinking so hard about? There's a little crease right between your eyebrows, that's how I know you're worried about something," he asked while running his pointer finger in between my eyebrows. It made me chuckle a little bit.

"Well, Tony drove me here.... how are we going to get home?" I asked. He smirked down at me and shook his head.

"Oh Angel, what's the point of wings if you can't use them?" With that said, his bright feathery wings popped out from his back, and he laughed at the surprised look I'm sure I made. I couldn't help it, I reached up and ran my hands over them. So soft.... I could touch them forever. I wondered what sleeping in them would be like.... well, it would be like Heaven.