Aftermath

“You hurt me more then I deserve, how can you be so cruel? I love you more then you deserve, why am I such a fool?"

~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared (still in shock I might add) at his outstretched hand before me. Butterflies were fluttering like crazy in my stomach, because for some odd reason this boy made me nervous like I've never been before. Most of the time I'm calm, cool and collected, but right now I was a hot mess.

I tentatively grasped my hand in his and gave him a weak smile in return, devouring the feel of my hand in his. He was so warm, and I loved the way his hand felt around mine. It baffled me how I went from scared out of my mind to being so suddenly flustered from being around Hunter.

Hunter. The name definitely suited him well.

"N-Nice to meet you. You can call me Angel," I stuttered.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Angel." Oh lord, the way he said my name. He smiled at me under long eyelashes and teasingly kissed the top of my hand. I giggled at him for being old fashioned, then realized I was glad he was able to make me smile in a situation like this, when I doubted anyone else could. I took the time to take in his appearance from up close.

His look screamed "danger". Hmmm, danger. Something I myself knew very well of. I mean, it wasn't like he resembled a serial killer or anything, it was more along the line of mysterious secrets that he kept hidden behind those dark eyes of his. They were so dark they could be considered black, and for a moment I truly believed they were because of how darkly tinted they were. Actually, once I got a better look I noticed it was more of a warm brown color. Whoa.

Earlier his eyes had been sky blue.

I could've sworn his eyes were almost close to being black a second ago, and now they were brown?

I mentally knocked myself upside the head. This wasn't "Twilight" or anything. His eyes didn't just change colors at the snap of a finger. This was reality, though I'm pretty sure eyes don't just change color in a matter of seconds.

"Hey, I think those people are looking for you," he interrupted right as I was about to mention the whole eye color change thing. It was almost like he sensed I was going to ask about that so he changed the subject. But sure enough when I looked over to see what he was talking about, LFL was searching the parking lot for me. As soon as I saw Tony's familiar cap, I told Hunter to floor it.

"What's going on?" he asked, his eyes scrunched up in a concerning manner. He was worried about me...or him. Or both.

"I'll explain everything to you later, I promise, just go!"

I loved how I didn't even have to ask him twice. He sped off in an unknown direction and I got a good view from the rearview mirror of LFL staring after us as we raced out of the parking lot, smoke bellowing out of his pickup truck engine.

I laid my eyes upon Tony's furious gaze as I left him behind in the dust. Literally.

~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We never talked the whole ride. I didn't even ask where we were going. As for as I was concerned, as long as I was next to Hunter and away from those bastards it really didn't matter. Eventually, we slowed and turned into a parking lot for Starbucks. The place was nothing new to me, I had been there before on many occasions. So how come I felt like this occasion was the one that really mattered?

Look at me, I needed to stop thinking about Hunter like we were together or something and focus on what was going to happen next.

Right before I had a chance to open my truck door, Hunter told me to stay where I was. He got out himself and went around the front of his truck and opened my door for me. Double whoa. Nobody had ever done that for me before. He was a gentleman too? Somebody please tell me, what was wrong with the guy, he had to have some sort of flaw.

I gave him a wide smile and thanked him before getting out. I wasn't going to say anything out loud, but my cheek still hurt and I wanted to ask how red it was, but I really didn't want to explain everything that had happened. Surely it would be noticeable though, and I definitely didn't want the people in Starbucks to think Hunter was the one who caused it when actually he was the one who helped me escape.

In a way, I guess he was my hero. He had saved me.

He opened the Starbucks door for me again and we both went up to order. I silently wondered if he was paying, and almost as though he read my mind, he reassured me it was on him. Most of the time I was left to pay for things, and suddenly I couldn't help it. I gave this random stranger a hug in the middle of Starbucks. 

~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~angel~