Just One Bowl

"We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's alright, it's alright, they're gone now, they're gone..."

Hunter's chant echoed through my mind, yet it sounded distant, far away. I felt him cup my face with his soft, gentle hand. My eyes fluttered open, where a strong light erupted into my vision. It was so bright it brought tears to my eyes, or was I already crying? I closed my eyes shut tight, the brightness was too much for me to take in. I was alive and in his arms, and it was the best feeling in the world.

I ignored the fact that I had just been kidnapped, restrained and abused...

I ignored the fact that Hunter and I now had a whole army of fallen angels that would soon be after us.

I ignored the fact that Tony and his crew pretended to be my friends all along, and that they had lied to me.

Everything else was a tiny blur right at this moment, nothing else mattered besides that we were alive now. At least I still had this precious moment I was sharing with him. So what if my world was about to come crashing down (even though it already had)? As long as I had Hunter by my side, I knew anything was possible. At the end of the day, after all this shit happened, I could still smile. Because of him.

But who knew how long this moment was last?

What if in the next few seconds, we were suddenly surrounded by hundreds of fallen angels? What if they had weapons and torture devices? What if instead of killing me quickly like they most likely would've done before, they decide to do it slowly now? Could I endure the stress that's now been placed on my shoulders, or will I crack under the pressure?

What if, what if.

Those horrid thoughts were swept away when Hunter nuzzled my ear with his lips, sending tingles down my spine. This was wonderful.

"You know you've been unconscious for the past five minutes, right?" he informed me.

"Seriously?"

"Yup. It's from the loss of blood. But don't worry; we're almost to your house. And by your house, I mean our meadow," he added with a chuckle. I never imagined he would be so calm, I though he'd be cowering with worry.

My eyes suddenly flew open.

"But don't I need to go to a hospital?" I asked, tilting my head up to look at him. Pain caught me by surprise and I nearly screamed as I remembered that's where the knife had cut.

I focused on finding out where we were. It only took a moment for my eyes to settle, and to figure it out. The sky, of course. We were flying.

"I probably should hurry," he said while speeding up. "And like I said, don't worry about any of that, just try to stay as still as possible."

"That's hard to do when you keep nibbling my ears, you know that feels good," I teased. It worked, he cracked another smile. God, I just love to see him happy. That's all I want, for us to just be happy and not to worry about anything.

"You started it. When you were unconscious you kept saying "Hunter touch me there, Hunter touch me here," He replied in a cocky tone. My face flushed in embarrassment.

"Did I really say that?"

"Nope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple minutes later, we arrived at our meadow. He gently layed my body down on the large rock. A thought quickly came to mind.