chapter seven.

Layna tried her best to contain her laughter while Janis excused herself to go laugh somewhere else. Claudia wished she had at least make some sort of conversation. He had one of those faces that you just couldn't get out of your head. He looked young and has simple eyes, but Claudia was mesmerized by them.

"Even his voice is nice!" Claudia said, "Men like that don't just appear out of nowhere!" Layna swung her arms over Claudia's shoulder.

"Well, at least you know he exists," Layna chuckled. "Which probably isn't a good thing because now you won't stop thinking about him."

Claudia let out an exaggerated groan. "Thanks for reminding me!"

Janis giggled from her spot. She smiled down at her phone. Layna and Claudia thought it was suspicious that she was giggling constantly. Janis then laughed so hard that she almost dropped her phone.

"Calm down, mother, what's going on?"
Claudia questioned.

"Oh, nothing. Edward sent me a picture of himself. . . and the british guy you met," Janis showed her daughter the picture Edward sent a minute ago. Claudia grabbed her mom's phone and saw Edward and Claudia's mystery british man. They were both smiling. "Little shit had a project he didn't tell me about. Marvel really takes this secrecy shit serious."

Layna nodded. "True, he never tells me anything. I just know he wants to bring The Punisher into the MCU. I wonder who will end up playing him."

"Plot twist, it's this guy," Claudia handed her mom the phone.

"Nah, he doesn't give off killer vibes. Maybe he'll play an agent? Army guy?" Layna started to guess.

"Wait, I swear I've seen his face before." Claudia had her own thoughts while Layna continued to list all the possible roles mystery british man could play.

"There's always the villain, sidekick, best friend that turns evil or dies. . ."

"I think if he had longer hair I would definitely recognize him!"

"Wouldn't it be funny if he was all those things and still die at the end. I hope not. He has a good face. But he doesn't give me sidekick vibes either." Layna let out a disappointed sigh.

"I know I would definitely recognize him if he had a different accent!"

Janis had enough of their nonsense and
decided to put them out of their misery by telling them the news Edward had just texted her.

"Hey geniuses! He's playing Billy Russo." Janis showed them the text from Edward that confirmed her words. "I swear these secrets are too much. He's telling me I might have to sign a contract if I know more about this show he's creating."

Billy Russo. That name sounded familiar to Claudia, but she couldn't remember where she heard it from.