chapter twenty one.

Lucy
So, how is your girlfriend doing?

Ben
She's not my girlfriend! And I wouldn't know because . . . I don't know.

Lucy
Ok but you do like her right?

Ben
Why are you asking? This seems suspicious.

Lucy
Answer the question you walking encyclopedia

Ben
Well now I'm not going to because I feel threatened!

Lucy
Are you being serious?

Ben
Maybe :)

Lucy
I'm blocking you

Ben laughed at the text Lucy had sent him. He told Lucy all about his night with Claudia. He was still unsuccessful in finding her phone number. Evertime he asked Edward about the teacher, the older man would change the subject fast. Ben even tried asking around the set if anyone knew Claudia, but all he received was a no from everyone.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

"So your relationship is getting pretty serious?"

Janis had told her daughter about their guest that was joining them for the afternoon. Edward's mom was visiting town and Janis was thrilled to meet her. Edward's dad was busy in Massachusetts coaching his grandson's soccer team.

Janis placed a tray of baked goods on the wooden table. "You like Edward and Layna, don't you?"

Claudia tried to grab a chocolate chip cookie, but Janis gently slapped her hand away. "Yeah, they're cool. I just think it's a little early to be meeting his mom."

"Sweetface, he likes me and I like him! I thought you would be happy for your dear cool mom." Janis frowned, going back to the kitchen to grab her glass of lemonade.

"Ma, I am happy for you. Extremely happy. I just don't want you to end up getting hurt," Claudia walked over to her mom and wrapped her arms around the frowning woman. "i remember you telling me stories about all the shit you went through with dad."

Janis groaned. "Claudia, you were in fifth grade and I was drunk! You were practically my first therapist. I shouldn't have done that and I regret it. You didn't have to go through that."

"Hey, but you're better now. Much better than before. I don't want you to go back to your old self because of failed relationships," Claudia grabbed the glass of lemonade from Janis' hands and set it down on the counter. "come on, I'll help pick out a dress so you can impress your mother-in-law."

"Oh, I have this dress—"

"No more stuff you wore at Woodstock! Or any other music festival you went to." Claudia chuckled.

Janis didn't tell her daughter that most of her closet was filled with clothing she wore at music festivals she had gone to. She was eager to find out what piece of clothing Claudia was going to pick out. It ended up being a white dress she wore to a AC/DC concert in Ohio.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

"All right! See you all next week for the last table read, enjoy your days off." Edward announced to the cast. All Ben wanted was to see Claudia again. But first, he needed her number.

Before Edward could walk out of the large room, Ben called him out. "I really need to talk to you."

"Okay, what's up?" Edward nodded his head at Ben for him to continue.

"It's about Claudia." Ben replied.

"Again? I should've known," Edward chuckled. "so, you took a liking to my girlfriend's daughter."

"We've talked, yes, but it's not like I'm going to ask her out the second I see her." Ben walked with the producer to the parking lot of the set.

"You sure? I know you've been trying to find her number, but I can do better than that," Edward said, "my mom is coming to town and she wants to meet Janis. You see where I'm going with this?"

Ben slowly nodded. "You want me to meet your mum?"

"Jesus Christ, not my mom. Okay, Jane Austen, Janis is meeting my mom so guess who else lives with Janis?"

"But can I still get her number?"