chapter twenty four.

Ben felt like throwing himself out the window. The older woman kept talking forever and Ben didn't have the heart to tell her to stop talking. Miss Bradley was a nice woman. She watered her plants when needed, volunteered at the local park to pick up trash, she was friendly with everyone. The only thing was that she was known to be a talkative person. Janis loved to sit down in Miss Bradley's garden and talk, but others weren't as nice.

"And my son, Will, he brought me this wonderful bouquet of roses for my birthday last year. My daughter got me a painting of my dog. Its beautiful." Miss Bradley went on as she slowly put the edible arrangement on the table.

"That's nice. Really nice," Ben nodded smiling. "Uh, I don't know if Janis payed for this?"

Miss Bradley chuckled. "Her man already payed don't worry about it, Queen Elizabeth."

"Oh, Queen Elizabeth? That's surprisingly a new one. I'll take that that," said Ben.

"Yeah, my first daughter-in-law was British. Then my dumb son broke her heart and she took the cat. Shame, I loved that cat. It was soft and so fluffy." Ben took the arrangement from the table. As Miss Bradley walked with him to the front door, she was frightened by a knock.

The door opened slowly, but Ben could tell it was Claudia. She looked out of breath and dehydrated. Miss Bradley's house was only across the street from her house so he was confused as to why Claudia was out of breath.

"Hi, uh . . . holy crap!" Claudia gasped. "Your cat just chased me all over your front yard. I didn't even know cats do that. I thought they just slept all day and ate catnip."

Miss Bradley let Claudia in and led her to the kitchen so she could get a glass of water. She could sense something between Ben and Claudia so she excused herself and went back to her garden in her front yard. Ben placed the edible arrangement back onto the table and waited for Claudia to get hydrated.

"Oh, god. That's some tasty water." Claudia drank the whole glass of water then placed it on the table.

"Well, Hello again stranger," Ben interrupted.

"Hi," Claudia felt embarrassed. She did slam the door in his face and run away and now that she was face to face with him, she didn't know what to do or say. Sometimes she felt nervous around him while other times she felt confident.

"You know, I'm sorry. I came unannounced and, now that I think of it, creepy because you never told me your address and I just show up out of the blue-"

Now it was Claudia's turn to interrupt. "Ben! I'll admit it was surprising, but I saw Edward and pieced it together. At least you know where I live." She walked to the front door.

"Yeah . . . I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're okay with me knowing where you live. I thought you would want me to erase it from my memory or something like that." Ben grabbed the edible arrangement and followed Claudia out the door.

"I'm saying good thing you know where I live so you don't get lost when we hang out and you drop me off." Claudia grabbed the edible arrangement from Ben's hands and winked at him.

"Oh," Ben blinked. "then this mean you'll give me your number."

"I thought you would've found it by now," chuckled Claudia. "Do you have a pen?" Now was one of those times when she felt confident.

Ben patted himself down, knowing her had a pen somewhere in his pockets. He finally found one in his back pocket. "Here," he gave the blue pen to Claudia.

Claudia clicked it. In one hand, she held onto her mom's edible arrangement while she scribbled her phone number onto Ben's forearm. One she finished, she clicked the pen again and gave it back to Ben.

"See ya, stranger!" She said to him as she walked away.

Ben looked down at his forearm and saw her initials, a phone number and a small heart.

An: these mfs are really living in my head rent free @ claudia and ben 😩❗ anyways hehe i'm already writing my andrew garfield fic 😎😏😏😏😎👀