chapter ninety four.

Janis rubbed her hands together. She was seated in an old swing set Claudia had as a kid. She was surprised it even held her since it was old. She stared at the grass in front of her with a frown on her face. She was tired and cold, but she just didn't feel like being inside for any longer. Janis heard the back door open. She saw Lara approach the swing set.

"If you sit your ass down then we're for sure going to fall." Janis said.

"I'll take my chances," the brunette replied and sat on the other swing set. "Wanna talk about what happened in there?"

Janis blinked. "No. It's completely fine."

"I swear I heard you say everything wasn't. But I guess I'll take your word for it or not, I don't know. I just want to hear you out, Janis, what's wrong?" Lara looked at her friend.

Janis let out a shaky breath. She was scared, confused, but most of all, she was worried for her daughter. "I'm losing it, Lara, I keep forgetting and I'm all over the place. A few days ago, I got lost in the grocery store, the same one I've been going to for years!"

Lara watched as Janis wiped away a tear. "Oh my god, Janis, you're okay."

"No, I'm not. Something is wrong with me and I'm scared. I don't want to end up like my mom." Janis sobbed.

Lara knew what Janis meant. Donna Donavan was diagnosed with alzheimers early. It made Janis live a hard life since she didn't really have the money to get her mom the right treatment for it. The moment Janis experienced the similar symptoms her mom had, she knew what was happening.

"You're not going to end up like Donna, we'll go to a doctor and they'll help you before this gets worse." Lara tried to explain.

"And what if it doesn't end up helping at all? What if I never get to see my daughter walk down the aisle or meet my grandchildren? What if one day I forget Claudia? I would never forgive myself." Janis snapped.

"Janis, if . . . When we go to the doctors, they can help you and give you the treatment you need before it worsens. We can go tomorrow. I'll go with you if you want. I don't want you to be alone." Lara reached over to grab Janis' hand.

"Who would've thought I would be the first one to go crazy? I always thought it would be you. Technically you are for living with Nate." She joked.

"Eh, he wasn't that bad," Lara said in a low voice. That's when Janis looked at her with a smirk. "Okay, yeah he was the worst ever. He can't keep his dirty clothes and cleans ones separate! It's like living with a teenager!"

"At least you didn't live with him when he fought every guy he saw at college parties. Blood everywhere, even got some on my bed sheets and my favorite white shoes," Janis added. "I wonder what ever happened to that girl we played never have i ever with."

Lara gasped. "Jessica Bates?"

Janis snapped her finger. "Yes, remember when she threw her drink at Nate then we ditched a party and went back to her dorm."

"Yup," Lara then looked away. "you didn't sleep with her . . right?"

"Nope . . We made out though," Janis also avoided eye contact with her friend. "You?"

Lara nodded with a satisfied grin on her face. "Twice. Then she kicked me out after her boyfriend found out and told me I was a bitch."

Janis nodded. "She wasn't lying, still are."

"Thank you, I know I can always count on you for the nicest compliments."

Seconds later, Edward opened the back door. "Hey, Claudia and Ben are leaving and I brought dinner!"

Janis and Lara got up from the swings and raced back to the house. Lara almost fell over since Janis pushed her out the way so she could get to her daughter first. Claudia and Ben waited by the front door with smiles on their faces. It was no secret that they were excited for their London adventure.

Janis ran to her daughter with her arms stretched out for a hug. "Be careful and don't take anything from strangers unless it's a check, money or the keys to their mansions."

"Or a will leaving everything to you." Ben added.

Janis released Claudia from their hug. "See? He gets it. Such a keeper," She then hugged Ben. "you're my favorite." She whispered to him then separated from the hug.

"I'll bring you something back and no I'm not bring you Princess Diana's jewelry." Claudia said.

"Then you might as well bring back nothing," Janis teased. "I'm kidding, go have fun in France. Love you alot." She opened the door for them.

Claudia raised an eyebrow. "France? Mom, we're going to London."

Janis laughed nervously. "Did I say France? I obviously meant London. Shut up, you said France not get out of my house." She pushed Claudia and Ben out.

"By the way, I'm not sure when we'll be back exactly. I really want to show Claudia the whole London experience." Ben said to Janis as Claudia walked down the steps of the house and decided to wait for Ben at the last step.

"Oh. Then bring her back when you get bored of her, I don't care. I mean I do care, but you get the point. Have fun, just don't die, but if you do make sure I'm in the will." Janis pressed a kiss to Ben's cheek and waved goodbye to the unofficial official couple.

And that's the last time Janis Donovan ever saw her daughter.

Kidding, but Claudia did spend most of her time in London. Five months actually. It was October when Ben and Claudia showed up at the Donovan household with hopes that Janis hadn't burned the house down or was in jail.

She didn't burn the house down and she successfully spent the months Claudia was gone jail free, but Ben and Claudia did show up to an unexpected surprise at their front door.

An: fun fact actually really really sad fact: thank my mommy issues for giving you janis 🙄✋🏼 you're welcome 😩