chapter fifty nine.

Ben called Edward multiple times, but he got no answer. He desperately needed Edward to be with Janis at the moment. While Janis and Claudia went into the school hallways to talk privately, Ben tried his best to get ahold of Edward. It was after his sixth try that Edrwad finally picked up.

"You've reached Edward, not from the hit movie Twilight with hottie Rob Pattinson, speak or stay silent." Edward said into the phone.

Ben ignored his greeting. "Edward, um, Janis needs you. Right now so get to the school as soon as you can."

Ben heard many pots and pans crash and probably glass breaking, he wasn't completely sure. "What happened to her? Is she okay?" Edward asked.

"Yeah, she's fine, but she's gonna need you now more than ever," Ben said in a low voice. Edward didn't question anymore. He hung up the call and did as he was told. Ben walked back to his car, putting away his phone in his back pocket. When he opened the door, he saw Lara trying her best to block out anything Nate was telling her. "What's going on?"

Nate stopped talking about god knows what. "Lara isn't appreciating the history of comic books."

Lara scoffed. "No one gives a fuck about your damn comic books, rich kid."

"Janis listened," Nate mumbled. He noticed the look on both Lara and Ben's faces, a look of annoyance. "Too soon?"

"Nate, please do us a favor and shut the fuck up and drive yourself off a cliff." Lara glared at him.

"Hm, you see I would, but I don't have a car." He said, trying to make her even more mad.

"I will happily steal one of these cars so you can do it. Right now, I will gladly do it. Let me out, Claudia's boyfriend!" Lara told Ben.

Ben stood awkwardly beside the driver's side. "Boyfriend? I'm not her boyfriend . . . "

Both Lara and Nate didn't believe it. They acted too in love and it was too easy to spot the two in love adults. Nate liked Ben, even if they did meet in a way they didn't plan. He could see that Claudia liked him too. Maybe even love him. Nate could tell a guy like Ben was perfect for a woman like Claudia.

"Might as well get married. You two act like you've known each other for the longest, basically a married couple already! Right, dipshit?" Lara nudged Nate a little too hard, resulting in him groaning in pain from Lara's elbow hitting his side.

"Yup. How'd you meet Claudia?" Nate asked. "If you're comfortable talking about her."

Ben nodded. "I think about that day almost everyday. I bumped into her at a set I was working on. Edward invited her along with Janis and his daughter Layna. I think I heard her talk about how much money you can get if you sue someone and a fear of heights. Then we kept bumping into each other in different places like a store. I found her organizing the book shelves. Then at a restuarant."

"Aw, the universe wants you two together." Lara said.

"Edward?" Nate questioned.

"Oh, shut up and appreciate this love story the british guy is telling us." Lara hit Nate's side for what seemed like the 100th time.

Ben chuckled. "Edward is my boss basically. He's in the entertainment industry, makes really great series and films. He's also with . . . Janis,"

It was quiet. You could practically hear the music from inside the school. Lara looked at Nate, who was not surpised that Janis had found another person to love. And he wasn't angry about it. He was happy. Janis wasn't going to forgive him anytime soon so why would he be mad if she found someone else? She deserves a life full of love and happiness and that was something Nate couldn't give her.

Nate wasn't going to try to win her back. She wasn't his anymore and he accepted the reality of it. If they didn't work out before, there wasn't a chance they could work out now. Janis was happy with someone that wasn't Nate Stratford and all he could do was be happy for her.

An: happy father's day to janis donovan bc she raised my girl claudia<3

anyways andrew fic will be published next weekend (i was going to publish it last week, but i got distracted/busy + i wanted to publish it after i completed a certain number of chapters of this fic)