chapter seventy two.

After coming back from the Rodriguez restuarant, Claudia anxiously waited in the living room with Ben. She eagerly wanted to know if her mom was had known the whole truth. Ben grabbed her hand to calm her, which did. After several minutes, the three adults came out of the kitchen.

Claudia approached them. "Mom?"

Janis turned to look at Nate and Lara. "I want to forgive you, but I honestly don't know what to do," she looked at her daughter, "i did what you told me and holy shit, it's definitely alot ti take in."

Claudia nodded. "Yeah, but how are you feeling?"

"Like I want to throw a brick through Nate's parents' window, awful fucking people!" Janis replied, "no offence Nate."

"Eh." He said, not caring.

"Glad we're on the same page," Janis grinned, "as for you being Claudia's dad, it's up to her if she wants you in her life. I'm good with you keeping your distance from me so . . . Honey, I'll let you make that decision for both your dear father and aunt."

"That would be nice, yeah." Claudia smiled.

"Then it's settled, Nate and Lara can play family with you and I'll be living my young life with the man of my dreams who knows how to tie a tie and knows physics!" Janis made finger guns at Claudia.

"You sound like you're on the verge of a breakdown," Lara commented.

"Bitch, I might. But I'm not going be when I see these two shitheads say hell yeah at their wedding," Janis smirked at Ben and Claudia, "remember if you ever want to have kids, adopt or have your own, I don't care as long as I get to give them my woodstock dresses and go to music festivals with them."

"Quality time with young grandma Janis," Ben encouraged.

"Thank you, Benjamin! See? He's a keeper, my demon kid. Don't let him go."

"Not planning on it." Claudia replied.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

The weekend was over and finals was just days away. Claudia entered her classroom, surpised to see her kids all huddled together around George, who was showing them something on his phone. She cleared her throat to get their attention and stood quietly. She knew what she was about to do always pissed them off.

"I'll wait," she smirked at them. Her students groaned and some even laughed. Of course she had seen all the videos they had shown her of typical English teacher behavior.

"Hey Ms. D! How was your weekend?" George started asking, putting his phone down.

"It was interesting." She walked to her desk and started getting the worksheets of the day out.

"Oh, we know," Anna nodded with a smile, but everyone had shushed her.

"Really? Well let's hear about it." Claudia counted sheets then gave them to the first row of students.

"I was kidding!" She replied. "Or was i?" Again, everyone shushed her.

"Very funny. But it won't be funny if I have to teach you that Romeo and Juliet isn't a love story again. I want you to have other English teachers that will probably teach you better than I do. I want to see you in college and if you don't want to go, it's okay, do what you want as long as you have a plan." Claudia finished passing out papers.

"Ms. D, stop it before I start crying." Lily said. Behind her, Evan had started pretending to cry.

"I'll miss you all so very much, but you're growing up. I remember how shy and awkward most of you were. And now look at you, so smart, bright and amazing. I'm one hundred percent sure that you will pass all your finals." Claudia stood in front of her classroom.

Kevin raised his hand, waiting for his teacher to call on him. Even though Claudia didn't mind them talking with raising their hand, Kevin did it because he saw how Claudia would laughed each time he did it.

"Yes, Kevin?" Claudia chuckled.

"I remember when you were single. I thought what we had was special."

Anna threw a paper ball at him. "Dude, shut up you sound so cringey."

"What?" Claudia blinked several times.

Suddenly Harper came in running with Michael by her side. They bumped into each other several times, pushing each other then walked to their seats. "Sorry we're late, we were trying to push each other down the stairs." Harper admitted.

"I almost pushed her down, but Principal Howard caught us and threatened to give us detention." Michael said, out of breath.

"Did you stop?" Claudia asked, handing them a worksheet.

"No, we got lunch detention for three days," Harper laughed, "also Ms. Donovan, when did you meet Ben Barnes?! He's so hot. I saw the pics on Twitter!"

"Liar! I sent them to the groupchat you fake!" George yelled from the other side of the classroom.

"Wait, hold on! What is going on? How do you know about Ben Barnes and what pictures on Twitter?" Claudia questioned.

Harper took her phone out from her pocket, opened the twitter app and searched for the user she knew had pictures. Then she got up and showed Claudia, her students following Harper surrounding the teacher and looked at the picture of Claudia and Ben in Detroit.

Ben Barnes updates
@/bbarnesdaily

Ben and his friend? in detroit recently. Honestly she looks so pretty if they're dating then I'm happy for him and her!!

 Honestly she looks so pretty if they're dating then I'm happy for him and her!!

An: me thinking about ben and claudia: OH GIRL ITS YOUUUUU THAT I LIEEEE WITH

also i know the pic i used isn't dianna or even taken in detroit i have to work with what i have besties and it's not alot 😔✌🏼 also i can't edit for shit