chapter one hundred thirty three.

OCTOBER

"Stop throwing rocks! Stop it! I will call your dad!" Lucy shouted. The phone picked up the shouting so Claudia was a bit concerned on what was happening on the other end of the line. "Sorry, kids at the daycare are being little monsters again."

"Why are you at a daycare?" Claudia asked.

"My aunt owns it and she needed help today so my obnoxious mother volunteered me. I don't get paid enough for this," Lucy sighed deeply. "But, why do you think Ben's hiding something from you? Last time he did hid something from me was that he was joining the marvel universe and I didn't talk to him for a month."

Claudia hummed as a response. She had her phone on speaker since she was currently working on handmade halloween decorations for her classroom. Ben promised he would help her cut more halloween themed decorations, but he texted her that he was going to be late.

"I'm sure it has something to do with the wedding. What if he surprises you with something? I hope it's a dog." Lucy said excitedly.

"A dog? That's specific." Claudia chuckled.

"Well I always wanted a dog. My mom never let me have one. She said it was expensive and I wasn't ready to take care of one. I just think she hates dogs so if I get one, the chances of my mom visiting me are low. No visits from my bitchy mom means I'm happy.

"Yeah, you do have it all figured out."

Lucy could hear how sad Claudia sounded "Hey, I'm sure it's nothing bad."

"Yeah, it's nothing. Uh, I'll call you back. I have to finish putting up things on my wall." Claudia said.

"Sure, it's probably best that I get off my phone because I just saw a four year old chasing another kid with a stick. Bye, love you." Lucy ended the call before Claudia could even say anything back.

Claudia continued cutting out the pumpkins she had drawn on a piece of paper. She was honestly bored. It was Saturday and Ben was currently late for their 'crafting date' as she called it. Claudia couldn't cur anymore since she didn't have any motivation so she placed all her papers and scissors inside a box and went to the sofa and put on her favorite movie, Edward Scissorhands. It brought her joy and comfort everytime she watched it.

Halfway through the movie, the front door opened. Ben appeared with several items in his hand. A bouquet of flowers, a folder and a small box. "I'm late, I know, but I have news for you."

He grabbed the remote and paused the movie as he sat down beside her. "These," he gave her the flowers and pressed a kiss on her lips. "are for you and this so is this. I thought they would look cute in your classroom." He gave her the small box, which was a box of halloween themed string light.

"I was mad that you got here late, but this is adorable. Thank you." Claudia set the flowers and string lights on the coffee table and kissed Ben several times.

"Wait, there's more. I know we stay with my parents when we travel to London, but I've had this idea stuck in my head for a long time. Remember that time we were looking at houses on that website for fun?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do it all the time. What did you do?" Claudia started to get concerned.

"Get mad at me if you want, but I just bought us a cottage in England. I got the news yesterday night."

Claudia couldn't even be mad at him of she wanted to. Yeah, he did buy a freaking cottage behind her back, but was she angry at him? Far from it. This was something she didn't even know she wanted until now. A cottage with the love of her life.

"Love? Say something, I don't know whether you want to hug me and shower me with kisses or if you wants to punch me and kick me out."

"Just shut up and kiss me, idiot."

Ben didn't have time to say anything since Claudia had placed her lips on his.
They didn't make it to the bedroom. They never did. That was the main reason why Lucy would avoid sitting on the sofa whenever she was hanging out in their apartment. But Claudia and Ben just couldn't resist.

An: yeah if a guy ever bought me a cottage in england, i would make it my whole personality

anyways, we're almost at the end 😍