chapter seventeen.

Lucy placed another cup of lemonade on the table then sat down across from him. She hoped her mom or dad wouldn't yell at her for taking a short break in the middle of her shift. Ben continued eating his food, not noticing Lucy was staring at him with a bored expression. She sighed loudly, trying to get his attention, but he only payed attention to his food.

Once again, she sighed louder. Ben grabbed his napkin and wiped his mouth. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing," Lucy playfully rolled her eyes. "well, okay, I'll tell you. My brother wants to know about your marvel job. He wants to know what's going to happen and all that jazz. I told him you can't tell me, but he did promise me a paid vacation if I tell him."

"Your brother? Which one?"

"The oldest, Daniel. A pain in the ass, but at least I don't have to deal with him." replied Lucy.

"Ah, Daniel. Well, sorry to break it to you, but I really don't know anything. Edward hasn't told me anything other than my character and some minor details, but we're supposed to have our first table read soon," Ben said. "and i can't tell you anything. Sorry for ruining your vacation plans."

Lucy groaned. "Shit, I was really looking forward to going to Mexico to visit my grandparents. Look what you did Ben! My grandparents are never going to see their granddaughter anytime soon!"

"Oh god, don't be so dramatic." Her mom's voice interrupted the two friends. "Ben, would you like some more food? I just made some tamales."

Ben shook his head. "I'm good. Thank you, Mrs. Rodriguez. I actually have to leave soon."

"Shame, at least take some with you-"

"Mom! Stop!"

Ben chuckled at the interaction between the mom and daughter. He took out his wallet, despite Lucy's mom telling him it was okay. He gave Lucy his card. While she printed out the receipt, Ben took out his phone and saw he had a message from Edward.

Edward
Change of plans, the dinner will be in three days. Think your friend Lucy can let us have a last minute reservation at her family's restaurant? The other restaurant canceled on me. Jerks.

Ben watched Lucy come back to his table with his card and receipt. "Do you think your mom will let us have a dinner here in three days?"

Lucy nodded. "Oh yeah, mom loves it when your coworkers come in. She says they order everything from the menu."

"Great, I'll text you the details. Sorry again for the vacation thing." He got up from his chair, grabbing the card from Lucy and putting it back in his wallet.

"Yeah, yeah. I guess that means you'll take me on vacation one day. Wait, if you ever get married, I'm so going to crash your honeymoon!" Lucy smirked.

"If? I'm probably getting married before you," he joked. "if you get married, I'm bringing my wife and crashing your honeymoon."

"Then it's a deal. We'll go on each other's honeymoons."

An: ok next chapter will for sure have claudia and ben fluff, i just wanted to show y'all ben and lucy's friendship 😌

double update bc i love u and appreciate u <3