chapter twenty two.

Edward's mom was talking with Janis. Somehow they kept talking about the same topic for about an hour. They talked about Stevie Nicks. Janis loved Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac, it was no secret. Janis even claimed she saw Stevie Nicks in concert more times than she saw her own parents. Edward's mom, Loraine, laughed at her joke. Janis went along knowing it wasn't a joke.

Layna was at a friend's house for the day so Claudia was stuck dealing with two women obsessing over a singer. (Claudia loved Stevie and Fleetwood Mac, the only thing wrong was how many times she heard the same conversation.)

"I saw her in concert in July of eighty three. Oh, she was amazing!" Janis gushed.

Loraine nodded. "I have a friend that could get us tickets to see Stevie Nicks. Let's ditch Edward and have a girls night."

Claudia pretended she was texting on her phone, but in reality, she was just swiping across the screen and tapping it. She had no plans, most of her friends were her co-workers and she was done grading papers.

Claudia was grateful to hear a knock on her front door. That meant Edward was home and maybe he could save her from boredom. She quickly got out of her seat and raced to the front door.

"Oh, thank god you're here. Our moms won't stop talking about Stevie Nicks—" Claudia froze when she saw Ben standing in front of her. Before Ben could get a word out, Claudia quickly  closed the door and crawled back to the dining table.

"What in the fuck?" Janis cursed when she saw her daughter crawling. She gasped and placed her hands over her mouth when she realized she cursed in front of Edwards's mom.

"Don't worry, Janis, Edward gets embarrassed of me because i let out profanities every single fucking day," Loraine laughed. "what's wrong with your girl? She lose something?"

"Her mind probably," Janis replied. "excuse me, I have to go talk to my spawn."

Janis walked to the table where she saw Claudia hiding herself. Claudia had her back facing Janis so she didn't notice her mom crouch down and crawl beside her.

"What are we hiding from?" Janis asked making Claudia scream and flinch.

"Jesus!"

"If that's what you want to call me then I'm totally cool with that," Janis laughed. "no, but seriously, why are you under here?"

Claudia laughed nervously. "Ben might be . . . here."

Janis gasped again. "Ben as in your future boyfriend Ben? Here?"

"Ma, he's not my future boyfriend!" Claudia groaned. "Why is he here? Who told him I live here? I'm going to smack the person who brought him here!"

Janis tilted her head. "What if he brought himself here? Who are you going to smack?"

"I don't know, I didn't think that far," Claudia ran a hand through her hair. "where's your boyfriend? He might've given Ben our address. Makes sense since he isn't here!"

"Well it seems like my boyfriend is doing you a favor!"

"Ma! Let's drop it! We're not arguing under the table!"

Janis rolled her eyes. "You started it."

An: janis and claudia are my favorites <3

shameless self promo but i published a bucky fic so if ya want to read it go ahead :)