chapter one hundred five.

A moving company had left a voicemail telling Janis that she had to get everything out of the basement or it would be thrown away. Janis was confused, she never knew her house had a basement. So here she was on a Saturday morning in her old overalls, half tangled hair and sandals on her way to her old house. Claudia offered to help her mom so she put on an old shirt from her pile of clothes she still had to out away and some pajama short.

Janis parked her car in what used to be her driveway. For some reason, she wasn't getting emotional. She was confident that she was getting her house back. Maybe in one month, two, maybe even a year from now, but Janis was getting her house back.

"Did you bring trash bags?" Claudia asked as she got out of the car.

"I should feel offended that you think my house would have trash, but yes I brought them," She showed Claudia the bags in her hands. The two women went up the steps. Janis tried to open the door, but it was locked. "This is ridiculous. I know I have a key around here. I'm not stupid, shut up." She started lifting the mat to find her spare house key.

Claudia looked around and found her wind chime she had made when she was younger. She walked to it and untapped the spare key Janis hid in the striker. She walked back to her mom, who was still trying to find the key, and told her she found it.

"You genius girl," Janis grabbed the key from Claudia and unlocked the door. The house was empty and it looked scary to Claudia. The once lively, colorful, comforting house was now dead, cold and silent. She didn't like it one bit. "Okay, this is the part in horror movies that we might die so I hope you told Ben that you love him."

"We're not dying." Claudia said, following her mom to an open door that was behind the refrigerator the whole time. Janis saw a flashlight on the floor, probably left by the moving company, and turned it on. The basement was filled with cobwebs and insects. Yeah, not dying.

"This is not the way I want to die. This is lame." Janis started to walk down the stairs leading to the bottom. "If I die and you survive, just know that I use to buy store bought cookies for the bake sale."

"Mom, I know, I was there when you bought them." Claudia followed, being careful not to run into cobwebs.

"Okay, what about this, you name your kid after me. I don't care what gender they are, name your kid after me if I die." Replied Janis.

"If? Mom, we all die."

"Oh no, I live forever, I don't know about you."

Claudia followed Janis, almost tripping over her own feet a few times. "How did we not know we had a basement this whole time?"

"Nobody mentioned it. I really hope this isn't the part where we find some old music box that plays by itself and haunts us forever. But it would be cool, creepy, but definitely cool." Janis shined the light throught the old room. There wasn't very much to it other than cobwebs and old junk from years ago.

"So what do we do with all of this?" Claudia asked, looking through old boxes of what seemed old broken toys and clothes.

"Throw it away. Nothing here is useful. Unless we find some hidden treasure or a haunted dress. That would be cool, right?" Janis walked around the room trying to find a light switch. "Ha! Jackpot!" She said once she found a string hanging from the ceiling. She pulled it then turned off the flashlight.

"Yeah, this isn't creepy at all." Claudia commented.

"It's beautiful in its own creepy way." Janis said, grabbing a box to start going through it. "Holy fuck, this was mine." She held up a ballet slipper from when she was younger, probably five. She used to sneak out and have ballet lessons with her neighbors, an elderly couple who didn't have any children.

"Mr. and Mrs. Weston loved me like I was their daughter. I should've visited them more. When I heard that they passed away in their sleep, I didn't go outside for an entire summer. But, they weren't getting any younger, they were my parents in my eyes. Should probably throw this out." Janis threw the ballet shoe over her shoulder.

"You were their daughter," Claudia kept going through the pile of clothes. "Do you think we'll ever the house back?"

"This is my home, I will literally fight someone for this shitty brick house that's older than me. It's a dump, but it's my piece of trash and I love it."

"Say you get the house back, does that mean Edward and Layna will move here with you?" Asked Claudia.

"If they want, I won't force them to do something they hate." Janis started to play with some broken toys that she found at the bottom of the box.

"I don't think I've told you this, but you and Edward? You two are soulmates. I didn't believe they existed until I saw the two of you."

"You literally found your own perfect man that probably reads a dictionary for fun. Please, your kids are gonna have those fancy english literature names like William or Elizabeth Bennett."

An: me happy that my andrew video is doing well on tiktok: 😄

the 'this didn't age well' comments: 😟

THEN I FIND OUT HE'S BEING CANCELLED WHAT