chapter one hundred twenty two.

After months and months of not knowing if Claudia was getting her job back, the day finally came. Claudia got the news that her job position was open again just for her. She was over the moon to hear that she could finally be able to see her kids again.

To celebrate, Ben decided to make dinner instead of going out to eat. He had Lucy take Claudia out shopping to pick out an outfit. She ended up buying a short black slip dress. She paired it with her favorite black heels and minimal makeup.

When she walked into the kitchen, Ben practically kicked her out. He claimed only he was allowed to be in the kitchen since it was her day. Half an hour later of drinking champagne and talking about how grateful she was for a second chance, dinner was ready.

"Lucy said to make this so if this fails, I suggest we blame it all on her," Ben placed a skillet on top of a wooden trivet. "And I have to admit it, you can't go wrong with pizza."

After they both got a slice, the conversation of her job came up. Claudia was over the moon about it. She was finally going to see her kids again. She knew she wouldn't have the same students as before, but she didn't care. Her main priority was giving the kids a good education.

"It just seems like a dream. Everything is turning out right." Claudia said, grabbing her napkin to wipe the sauce off her mouth.

"You deserve it. You care for the kids like they're your own," Ben replied.

"I love my kids so damn much. I can just imagine how I'll be when we have a kid of our own." Claudia said without much thought.

Ben smiled as she said that. It was clear to practically everyone, and him, that they loved each other so much. Having a kid would change their life, Ben wouldn't mind one bit. He was certain that Claudia would be the best mom and he would try his hardest to be the best dad possible.

By the time they finished eating, they were too tired to even move out of their seats. But eventually they made it out of the dining area and walked back to their bedroom. Claudia fell backwards on the bed, groaning as her back hit the sheets. Ben took off his shoes then unbuttoned his shirt. He playfully threw the shirt at Claudia, who looked to tired to even move, but threw the shirt to the floor.

"What's your plan for tomorrow?" Claudia asked.

"So far, I'm meeting up with a casting director, couple interviews and lastly, I'm planning on spending the rest of my day with my lovely fianceé," Ben layed down next Claudia and kissed her lips.

"I hope things aren't too awkward when you're filming your scenes for the punisher. I texted Layna the other day and she said that Edward hardly talks to anyone on set unless he has to."

"He just needs time, love. I'll talk to him. You know, sooner or later, Janis is going to have to talk to him." Ben said. He brought his hand up to Claudia's face to adjust the fallen piece of hair behind her ear.

"I know." Claudia sighed. She scooted closer to Ben's side and wrapped his arm around her. She was still in her dress and heels, but she didn't feel like moving one bit. Ben, who only had his pants on, caressed her cheek before placing a kiss on Claudia's forehead.

"I'm really proud of you." Ben mumbled, pressing another kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." Claudia said, closing her eyes.

"I love you more than you can ever imagine." She heard Ben say.

An: sweet by cigarettes after sex is the official ben and claudia theme