chapter one hundred eighteen.

MAY 2016

Claudia turned to her side thinking Ben would be there, but when she opened her eyes, she saw an empty bed. She slowly sat up and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was way too early for Ben to go to work, unless he got called in last minute. Even if he did, he always left a note or a text message. Claudia checked her phone, mentally cursing herself for not lowering the brightness, and saw no text message from Ben.

So she grabbed her cardigan from the floor and put it on. She walked to the living room in search of her boyfriend. She found him sitting on the couch reading a book.

"It's not a dictionary, is it? Lucy said you read them for fun." Claudia teased, walking towards the couch to join him.

Ben set the book down. "Nope. And from now on, don't believe anything Lucy says." He grabbed Claudia's legs and set them onto of his lap then grabbed the blanket he always kept on the couch to cover the both of them. When Claudia officially moved into his apartment, he noticed how she always asked for a blanket so he kept on it the living room just for her.

"I don't know, she's funny and she always tells me I'm pretty," Claudia chuckled. "But she also said she hates carrot cake so I can never forgive her for that."

Ben laughed. "I'm starting to think you might be Lucy's best friend now."

"Ben, no one could ever replace you as Lucy's best friend. Now why don't you tell me why you're up at five in the morning. You don't have to be on set until tomorrow." Claudia said.

"I was hoping you wouldn't wake up until later. But now that you're awake . . ." Ben took out small box from his pocket. "Happy birthday." He smiled.

"I hate you," Claudia said, gently punching his arm. "You didn't have to get me anything."

"I'll hate you more if you don't accept my wonderful gift that I put alot of thought into."

Claudia sighed dramatically and took the box from Ben's hands. She opened it and saw a beautiful silver ring with two diamonds. She recognized one, an emerald. The other was a lighter green color. Then it hit her, emerald was her birthstone. If she was right then the other meant it was Ben's birthstone.

"It's not exactly the nicest, but I liked it." Ben said casually. "You don't like it?"

"What? Ben, I adore it. I just don't want you wasting money on me."

Ben took the ring from the box and grabbed Claudia's hand. "I don't necessarily call this wasting money especially when I get to gift my lovely girlfriend a ring she deserves. And if you even think about giving it back, I will stop talking to you."

"Such a child," Claudia held her hand out while Ben slid the ring on her pointer finger on her right hand. "I really hate you for this."

Ben got closer to her. "No, you don't." He then kissed her lips, but Claudia pulled back to restate her words.

"I do though." Ben shut her up with a kiss. In between kisses, the couple argued. It wasn't until they both fully pulled away to look at one another.

"I love you." Claudia said, putting her hand with her new ring on Ben's cheek.

"I thought you hated me." Ben playfully said.

"I could never."

Love was a strong word for Claudia. The only person she ever said it to before Ben was her mom. (Apart from her kids.) Being with Ben made her feels special, safe, loved. She didn't really believe in soulmates. She thought it was just something adults would tell children to make them believe in love. She kept hearing the phrase: 'there's always someone for everybody'. She didn't think her someone would ever come into her life. But Ben did and throughout all her crazy life, he stayed.

An: another time jump but don't worry, the next chapter fills you in on the time skip :)

also eventually there will be a time when the pregnancy trope could be involved but right now it's not something I would like to introduce into this story. i mean I'm all up for my characters to have a happy ending. not everyone likes the pregnancy trope, which i get because I'm not entirely a fan of it either. (although two of my stories do have that trope lol) point is maybe I'll end up doing it, maybe it won't happen, but if it doesn't happen then you could always imagine ben being a girl dad and taking his girls to london 👀 special ik but just imagine it.

+ cool grandma janis and wine aunt lucy ;)

NERDY GRANDPA EDWARD

COOL AUNT LAYNA

anyways thanks for being the best readers in the whole world. i love you and appreciate you <3 take care.