chapter eighty four.

Claudia groaned, pulling the covers over her body. It was one in the afternoon and she was still in bed. The loud knocks that Claudia heard at the door didn't let her sleep at all. No one was home, so the only option was for Claudia to get out of bed and answer the door. Waking up was the last thing she wanted to do. She didn't have a job so what was the reason?

As she walked down the stairs with a small blanket wrapped around her, the knocks kept on going. "What!?" Claudia yelled, hoping whoever it was answered and she didn't have to open the door.

But she got no answer.

"What?" She opened the door to see Nate with several bags of groceries in both of his hands, "what's wrong with you? I'm trying to sleep and your loud fucking knocks aren't helping!" Nate walked by Claudia, making his way to the kitchen.

"Go ahead, I guess," she sighed, accepting the fact that she wasn't going to get anymore sleep. She followed him into the kitchen and saw how he was taking out food from the bags and putting some away. He set aside food that was he was going to use. "What are you doing?"

"Considering you were still asleep and it's late, I am making you lunch. Do you like tomato on your sandwiches or no?" Nate asked, taking out a knife from a drawer.

"Look, I really want to be alone right now, no offense, I appreciate what you're doing, but I just want to sleep." Claudia said.

Nate dropped the knife on the counter. "Claudia, just sit down or I will tell Ben about the mailbox."

Claudia's eyes widened. "How do you know about that?"

"I know more than you think," Nate grabbed the bag of tomatoes, ripped it open and grabbed two, taking them to the sink to wash, "Janis told me. She also told me about prom, your first job and relationship. I have to say, going for a frat guy would be my last option."

Claudia walked towards the dining table and sat in her usual chair. "He wasn't the brightest, but he made me laugh."

"Hun, hate to break it to you, but he just wanted to sleep with you," Nate said, taking the tomatoes and putting them on a cutting board. "you didn't . . . did you?"

"Oh, god no, i didn't. He cheated on me with some bitch from a sorority. I think her name was Lisa or something with an L." She explained.

Nate let out a sigh of relief. "Frat boys are my worst enemy."

"Why?"

"Because yes. I don't need a reason. They think they're superior, especially the president or whatever the fuck they're called. If I had the opportunity to burn a fraternity, have the bail money ready." Nate spoke while cutting slices of tomato.

"Okay, what's your opinion on college then? Did you go?" Claudia adjusted her blanket.

"Nope. Waste of my time. I got done with high school, barely, then found a job that my folks didn't like. My dad wanted me in the medical field. Of course, I said fuck no. The only way I'll end up in a hospital is if I end up drinking myself to death like my uncle Mark," Nate chuckled, "damn, i never asked him about Italy. He told me he got followed by these gangsters all the way to Italy while he was on vacation."

Claudia never heard anything about Nate's family, other than his parents being huge assholes. It was interesting to listen to Nate talk about someone else in his family.

"Anyone else in your family that had the same ending as uncle Mark?" Claudia asked, "siblings?"

Nate looked at his daughter. Of course she didn't know about Kim or Luke. Honestly, he didn't know where they ended up. Maybe Kim got married and had her two kids she always dreamed of. Or Luke finally learned to drive and got a car. He didn't know anything about them. Then he realized, he missed them.