chapter one hundred thirteen.

Lucy sat in the backseat of Ben's car freaking out. They were currently at a gas station gets drinks and snacks so they could take to Lucy's super secret spot, at least that's what she called it. Claudia played a crossword game on her phone to pass the time.

"How can you be so calm? I feel like I'm about to pass out any second. If I do, please don't tell my abuela, she'll bring her healing spells into it." Lucy wiped her sweaty forehead.

"I'm getting used to it. Like my mom said she's getting used to seeing famous people on her fiancé's phone. Pretty sure he has a photo with Mark Hamil." Claudia concentrated on her mobile game.

"Nice," Lucy nodded impressed. That's when she noticed Ben and Andrew leave the gas station with bags in their hands. "Okay, here they come. May the force of Mark Hamil's presence in your mom's fiance's phone be with me."

"Okay." Claudia said, not knowing how to react to her words. Ben opened the driver's door as Andrew climbed in the backseat next to Lucy, who was internally freaking out.

"I brought you some gummy bears, Ben said you loved them." Andrew held out the plastic bag.

"Oh . . Thanks. I can pay you back-" Lucy started to reach for her bag, but Andrew declined.

"For a two dollar snack? It's okay, Lucy, don't wanna brag, but I was Spider-man. And Spider-man is never broke." He said with a smirk.

"Technically he is-" Ben started to say, but Claudia pinched his arm.

"You know what I mean!"

"Dude . . . Just say you're rich. I'm not offended. Ben says it all the time." Lucy said as she opened the bag of gummy bears.

"I can't take you anywhere. I don't say that. I just offer to pay for our lunches and some stuff. That's all!" Ben defended himself.

"Your actions say it. You don't even ask to split the bill. You automatically think I'm poor!"

"Lucy, I will leave you with the stray cats behind the store."

Lucy gave Ben the directions to her super secret place. In reality, it was a lonely park that was abandoned. Lucy liked it because it had a nice view of the city, especially at night. She told her friends how she discovered it during her senior year when she ditched her friends after she found out they had been talking about her badly.

Andrew walked around the deserted playground. He then nudged Lucy's shoulder. "You wanna race to the swings?" He whispered. "Looks like Ben and Claudia are too in love to notice that we're gonna have the time of our lives."

"Be prepared to be a sore loser. I didn't run track, but running away from my problems didn't prepare me for nothing." As she finished talking, Lucy ran away from Andrew.

"Cheater!" He called her out as he ran.

From her spot on the grass, Claudia laughed at the sight of Andrew and Lucy. "They seem to be getting along too well." She said.

"It's scary. But I knew it would eventually happen," he said.

Claudia took out her phone and sneakily took a picture of Ben as he stared at his best friend and Andrew. "You're so photogenic, it's unfair to the rest of us."

"Says you." Ben took out his phone and did the same. For about fifteen minutes, they spent taking photos of one another doing different poses in each one. Ben was certain his phone would fill up at one point, but he didn't care.

An: happy valentine's day!!<3 love y'all so much 🖤