chapter eighty.

The adults were back in bed since they felt too tired so now they were currently in Claudia's room, laying on her unmade bed. Claudia chuckled as Ben played around with the toy piano Claudia had as a kid. He played various keys, each time looking at Claudia for a reaction. He then tried to make his own song using words he thought were pretty and good enough to describe the woman in front of him who could not stop laughing.

"I have a huge crush on the english teach. Yeah she's real pretty and breath taking, I want to be with her everyday if she'll let me otherwise I'll sound like a creepy stalker guy!"

Claudia laughed once again. "Is that the best you could come up with?"

"You distract me, Claudia, so yeah that's the best I can come up with. Take it or leave it, woman." Ben said with a smile.

"I find it lovely. Thank you for writing a song about me on my old toy piano i might have dropped too many times." Claudia kissed Ben's cheek.

They layed on their backs, staring at the ceiling in silence. Suddenly, Claudia grabbed her phone that was connected to her bluetooth speaker and opened Spotify. She searched through her many playlists until she found one she made a year ago. She pressed the 'Shuffle Play' button and chuckled as Fleetwood Mac played from the speaker.

"I love this song." Ben mumbled tiredly, moving to his side so he had a clear view of Claudia side profile.

Claudia scooted closer to him and closed her eyes as Stevie Nicks sang 'Gypsy', it was a must have song in the Donovan Household. Basically anything Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Bowie, Prince or Janis Joplin.

"I need to talk to my mom about going to London. She's going to freak, but in a good way, I hope." Claudia muttered, opening her eyes, glancing at Ben, who was slowly falling asleep despite the music playing.

"Yeah. . . She can meet my parents too." Ben mumbled again.

Claudia snorted. "Not a chance, maybe not in London. That woman would go straight to Queen Elizabeth and demand to know the truth about Princess Diana."

"Even better. Maybe she'll make it through the guards," Ben joked.

The couple remained in silence until the song ended. It wasn't awkward, more like a comfortable silence that Claudia found comforting. She had Ben by her side, of course comfort was all she felt.

Then 'Fade Into You' by Mazzy Star played. It was a personal favorite that always made Claudia feel like she was missing out on having a significant other. But now she had Ben. Janis had explained to her several times how the song had a misinterpreted meaning, but all Claudia wanted was to listen to the song with someone that she loved.

"Ben . . . I don't know if you're listening, but I hope one day you make your own music because you're extremely talented." Claudia whispered

As the song faded out, Ben smiled. He was listening. He felt proud, happy and most of all, he felt like all of his problems had gone away.

"I heard you, Claudia, and don't worry, I'm going to write so many songs about you."

AN: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH @ BESTIE BEN THANKS FOR GIVING US CONTENT AND LOOKING SO GOOD AT 40

ALSO I HAD THIS WRITTEN BEFORE HE ANNOUNCED HIS EP SO I WAS THINKING HOLD UP?? I HAVE THE MIND OF A MASTERMIND 🤪

anyways i'm gonna update my andrew fic for his birthday