That's how it feels

Kari smiled as she accepted the brightly colored drink one of the waiters offered her. She brought it up to her lips and paused for a second. "So, what did Thor say?"

Loki sighed to himself. "Thor — being the predictable oaf he is — declined the offer."

Her free hand rubbed his shoulder reassuringly. "He'll come around. Grief makes people say stupid things."

Kari's face scrunched up as she set down her drink. "I don't know why I accepted this, it's positively awful."

Loki's eyebrows furrowed and a look of understanding crossed his face. He grabbed the drink she had been drinking and raised it to his lips. That wasn't the first time that week Kari had a sudden change of taste, both in a metaphorical and literal sense. A look of understanding crossed his face and almost instinctively he felt his heart rate spike.

"Darling, how late are you?"

Her face flushed and she started to fiddle with the hem of her dress. "I ... you don't think..."

Loki smiled widely. "Yes, love."

Over the loudspeakers, the beginning of the fight was announced. The gods of Mischief glanced upwards at the announcement. Softly he brushed some of Kari's hair out of her face. "We'll talk about this after the match. I promise."

Her breath instinctively hitched in response and she smiled as he slipped his hand into hers. "Alright."

She bit one of her lips as they walked towards the arena. It wasn't that she didn't want a child with her husband that worried her. Ragnarök wasn't far around the corner, and Kari had a deep sinking feeling about what was to come. It felt like the quiet before the storm, and the last time she had felt that way, she lost everything.

She had lost her sisters in arms first. Then she lost control of her emotions, and finally, she lost her freedom.

But for Loki, she would smile. She would play nice with the fancy people of Sakaar as she had the last couple of weeks.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Lord of Thunder!"

As green puffs of smoke filled the air, a look of understanding passed over her face and she grabbed Loki's arm. "Dear, perhaps it's best if you..."

It was too late. The Hulk had already caught his eye. The god of Mischief turned quickly. "Come on, we've got to get off this planet."

On that, Kari thought to herself as the Grandmaster stopped them, we agree, my love.

Since they couldn't leave, Loki had decided to pull Kari as close as he could. He felt unusually desperate at that moment. He had seen the bruises that monster had left the last time Kari and the Hulk were at odds. If it were to happen now...

He grinned as Thor's body collided with the earth several times. "Yes! That's how it feels!"

Kari smiled apologetically at the Grandmaster's gaze. "Sorry, my husband's just a huge fan of sports. Sometimes he forgets himself."

Loki sat down and mumbled his apologies. Everyone seemed to lean forwards the fight continued, and every once in a while Loki and Kari would let out a hiss in unison, almost as if the Hulk had hit them, not Thor.

As soon as it had begun, the fight had finished. The two Asgardians ended up staying until the end of the tournament.

He smiled warmly against her skin as he peppered Kari with kisses which caused her to giggle softly. It had been a long time since he'd last had a child to take care of, and even then, none of his children were human. He wanted, no he desperately needed to show her just how much she was loved and adored.

Showering each other in affection in the evenings was, in all honesty, the basis of their relationship at times. It's hard having to constantly put on a front for other people.

Kari's golden eyes flickered to the ring resting on her finger. "Darling, I don't want our child to grow up in this dump."

"That," Loki starts, pausing slightly to nip her collarbone, "is something we can agree on. I don't want our child anywhere near that monster."

She hums slightly. "I'll speak to Thor in the morning. Perhaps it'll be best if I go alone if you two can't play nice."

Loki scoffed slightly which caused her to toss him an unimpressed look. "I'm sure we can get along for your sake, love."

She raised an eyebrow and tossed him a teasing smile. "Says the god of Lies."

He kissed her cheek. "You have my word."

Her gaze seemed to soften slightly. "I'll be holding you to it."

Loki chuckled and shifted so his fingertips were tracing the Valkyrie tattoo on her bicep. "Oh, I know darling."