Worthy

Loki groaned slightly as he propped himself up. Kari was sitting on the bed, her back facing him as she slipped on her red and black armor. "Do you have to go Love?"

She glanced over her shoulder with a slight smirk. "Sorry, my dear, but you know as well as I that it would look suspicious if I didn't show up when summoned. Besides, you knew what you were signing up for when you faked your death."

Sighing, he sat up and cupped her face so he could kiss her. "I expect you to come back in one piece when you're done helping the Avengers."

She smiled softly. "Of course. I'll see you in several weeks time."

Time skip:

Thor and Kari flew ahead of their mortal friends as they attacked their enemies. As if they were one entity, they fought back to back, only using their powers when required. Captain America zoomed past them on what the mortals called a 'motorbike' and somewhere to their left, the Hulk let out a deafening roar as he tossed any opponent dumb enough to face him.

Iron Man zoomed ahead and Kari followed, using fire to propel herself after him. He let out a curse as he collided with a force field.

Through the comms, Kari could hear the Captain's teasing response: "Language."

The Valkyrie provided cover as Jarvis searched for a way in. Her 'couple week journey' had turned into 'several months voyage', much to her frustration. She broke off from the group to protect the civilians with a forcefield of her own. "I've got the civilians. Just focus on Hydra."

As the battle drew to an end, she dropped her shield and gravitated towards the jet. All that was left now of her adventures on earth was the farewell party.

She was brought out of her thoughts as Tony called her into his lab. As she entered, her golden eyes focused on the two holographic spheres.

"What do you make of this, Starfire ?"

Brushing off one of the nickname, Kari glanced at him. "I'm thinking that if you are finally going to create Ultron, you shouldn't do it with the scepter."

"Why not, Starfire? I mean...look at this thing!"

"I said no. If it were to backfire, it'd be catastrophic." The red head left them their with nothing but her cold warning hanging over their heads. She would later learn that was a mistake.

Kari's golden eyes focused on her drink as she 'celebrated' with the others. In truth, it was cause for celebration. Tomorrow, she would be headed back home to Asgard. To her husband. Despite that, she couldn't shake the terrible feeling that something was about to go wrong.

"Kari, your turn!"

She lifted her head with a slight hum. Standing, she approached the handle. "I used to be able to lift this, before my, well, you know."

"Imprisonment," Thor filled in and she flushed in embarrassment.

"Yes, that." She grasped the handle. She closed her eyes. Please. Opening them, she tugged slightly. To the surprise of everyone at the table, it responded, and was promptly sent flying into her leg. She let a surprise 'oof' as she collapsed onto the couch.

"Woah woah woah, you, IMPRISONED?! I gotta know the story behind that."

"I lashed out against Odin. He didn't approve, hence my thousand years in the dungeons."

Everyone feel silent at her blunt and cut throat response. Steve frowned. "That hardly seems fair."

"Yes, I suppose." It was silent before she spoke again, this time with a wide smile. "Doesn't change the fact that I'm worthy."

"Worthy?"

A new, yet familiar voice cut through the night and the red head pursed her lips. Turns out I won't be going home so soon after all.

(A/n: Sorry it took me so long to update, but 2020 has been hell. All my classes are on A days except for sixth period and I also started undergraduate course this year.)