He's adopted...and mind controlled

"So, Starfire, since you're the 'mind control' expert, do you think you can get info from Reindeer games?" Kari's golden eyes turned back to the monitor, where Loki was still grinning at the camera.

"Perhaps. I have not encountered a spell of such...strength. In most cases, a person's survival instinct shall counteract the mind control if it endangers them. That tells me that the spell is powerful. I have heard of such an item that seems to match Loki's scepter. I heard of a series of magical items that might be able to provide the effects we see."

"What magical items?" Steve asks and Kari uncomfortably shifted. 

"The infinity stones. If i remember correctly, there are six. Time. Reality. Soul. Space. Power. And lastly, Mind. I thought they were just a child's tale."

"Look, guys, I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Kari tilted her head at the scientists statement, but before she could reply, Thor intervened.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha pointed out and Thor shrugged. 

"He's adopted."

"Not to mention mind controlled. And if I am right, and Loki and your men are under the control of the mind stone, it might be best to solve things the old fashioned way."

"And what's that, Starfire? Faith, trust and a sprinkle of pixie dust?" 

Kari's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "No, head trauma. What is pixie dust?"